Zap's Lupo Build

Zap

Hi guys,

thought id start a thread to keep my Lupo updated on here even though it looks like the website had died a bit I will keep this updated with most modifications I will do to the car. 

Brought the car back in October 2015 without a license and haven't drove it just yet on my own as test is in October.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Only just really got round to giving it a good clean and tidy up all round. Car was a bit of a mess and did smell like **** inside.

First thing changed the headunit and fixed broken door cards. And gave the enterior a good clean and wet hoovered the seats and roof liner, this pretty much brought the inside back to new just small broken things like door check strap and winders which have now been replaced.

Next was wheels and needed a change from trims as I lost 1 taking a speed bump a bit too quick for my Lupo. Found a set of Dotz alloys on eBay for £100 and had to go and see them. Lucky me they all had new tires on and not too bad condition.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Fitted these and now rubbing when turning  due to a broken wheel arch liner sticking out and hitting on full lock. After this I left the the car for a few months as slighty lost interest with driving.

About a month ago I needed to update the car and do something with it so I brought pretty much everything I'm going to need for fixing and repairs. A proper jack and stands and all the tools I could possibly need and can't forget coilies and 25mm spacers.

Spacers are currently fitted and while doing this I have scrubbed the arches clean from all the mud that was lodged around the arch and wire brushed the breaks.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Did an oil change and filter replacement. Cars oil looked like it hadn't been changed all its life and was very dark and filled with bits and crud. Oil filter was also locked on which was a 30 min job turned 2 hours.

Yesterday must have given the car the deepest clean of its life got pretty much every bit of dirt off the exterior and gave a good 2hr Polish bringing the paint back to a deep shiny black.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Car is in serious need of a clay bar as tree sap has took over the roof and bumpers. Coilies will be next and then looking to black out the interior.

tldr. Restoring the car.