Lenny - Show Car on a Students Budget???

Sammjoey

1 hour ago, Sammjoey said:

Thanks! You seem to be the only person left on here :lol:

I know, there doesnt seem to be many people active on here but i'll just have to take Rich's word for it!

1 minute ago, Rich said:

not many people have lupos now and the decline of the forum culture due to social media.

Yeah the Facebook pages for Lupo's are way more active but I hate them because it's always people asking the same questions but obviously on facebook you can't have guides so that's why I still use Forums.

Also I'll have some more updates later on when I get home from uni.

I just like to come back on here every so often to have a read! My Facebook just gets full of notifications from them Lupo groups!<_<

So after needing to buy new fuses today after one blowing yesterday....

I now have LED rear plate lights.

a0NhX7y.jpg

I also fitted aero wipers too (think I'm going to repaint the wiper arms when it warms up).

YKG3a3U.jpg

Oh and I forgot that I have this laying around:

y2U4edY.jpg

So I'll get that put on as soon as I order a boss kit and feel brave enough :lol:.

Edited by Sammjoey
Grammar

Another update....

Went to use the horn today because some knob tried cutting me up on a slip road entrance to find that my horn doesn't work all of a sudden?

Check the fuse and its all in tact, even changed it for the sake of it. So I'm guessing my actual horn has gone then.

15 hours ago, Sammjoey said:

Another update....

Went to use the horn today because some knob tried cutting me up on a slip road entrance to find that my horn doesn't work all of a sudden?

Check the fuse and its all in tact, even changed it for the sake of it. So I'm guessing my actual horn has gone then.

Thats funny, exact same thing happened to me a while ago for the exact same reason! Still need to sort mine out so im hoping you get yours sorted so i can try and fix mine!

4 hours ago, Lewiss_Lupo said:

Thats funny, exact same thing happened to me a while ago for the exact same reason! Still need to sort mine out so im hoping you get yours sorted so i can try and fix mine!

Interesting, I'll have a look at the wiring to the horn and the horn it's self when I get a chance to jack the car up.

I'm not sure if I can hear the horns relay going itself.

6 hours ago, Sammjoey said:

Interesting, I'll have a look at the wiring to the horn and the horn it's self when I get a chance to jack the car up.

I'm not sure if I can hear the horns relay going itself.

Awesome, I hope you get it sorted! i miss not being able to 'beep!' at people! :lol:

• 7 months later...

So it's been a while.... completely forgot to update this so a lot has happened in this time!

AwKqpt2.jpg

I got round to fitting tyres on the Works!

Then my girlfriends neighbour thought it would be acceptable to reverse into me :angry:....

XIu3Zri.jpg

So after having the front bumper broken I decided to do something a lot earlier than I had planned...

b3EpRiY.jpg

And well I simply love it!

8EjfffN.jpg

While I was changing bumpers I also decided to change the drivers headlight as the old one was a little yellow.

After all that I decided to work on the interior again, so I painted the door handles and light switchs satin black

ffyseD9.jpg

Then I fitted GTI clocks and put my standard clock internals inside them to keep the correct mileage, as well as getting round to fitting my nardi

dacYUEP.jpg

I also dyed the headliner black and the door cards.

Got my Dub Empire sunstrip fitted:

12NGb2R.jpg

Then it's time for some real work....

LlAefr1.jpg

With the template made, I then made a frame.

hmmKqLj.jpg

After that I made the top in two halfs and a piece for the front.

2BkfROV.jpg

With the top screwed down properly and counter sunk, it was time for carpet.

J8W3N6Y.jpg

I'm rather happy with it, will continue building ontop of it soon enough

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

did you solder in the power connections so the gti clock in the middle still works?

you could have double time.

I didn't I wasn't confident on my abilities to do so. Will it work if I did? Wasn't sure if it would be in the standard clock's board programming to make it work

Just now, Rich said:

live/earth.... No programming needed..

standard clock has the bits.

also, you should have chopped the wings not the bumper, think i spotted this in Leeds.

The bumper i got was already chopped so I couldn't do that. I am considering getting another and chopping the wings but i would like the option to go back to a standard front end at some point.

Doubt you spotted it in Leeds mate, I've never been past Cambridge in it haha

14 hours ago, Skajme said:

Proper nice this! Do agree on the bumper/wing situation though, the sharp corner draws the eye a bit, up against the softer shape of the rest of car

I don't think it's that bad considering it's how the standard front end is. Unfortunately I bought it cut, but I might go back to a standard front end at some point but with a twist?

9 hours ago, Sammjoey said:

I don't think it's that bad considering it's how the standard front end is. Unfortunately I bought it cut, but I might go back to a standard front end at some point but with a twist?

oh nah I'm not saying it looks anything as far as bad! Just agree that the other way around with cut wings would look nicer. Love the car in any case! Look forward to seeing what you do with it!