Lenny - Show Car on a Students Budget???

Sammjoey

Welcome to the build thread for my Lupo S 1.4 16v.

To start with I picked the car up from Maidstone and drove it back to Colchester...Kinda...

UWqtOGV.jpg

The alternator died on the way home and I lost power in the outside lane of the M25 :unsure:

I eventually got it home, and now it's been repaired I can start work on it! It's been a fustrating week planning the car out and not having it here to do anything to it.

pT4jIK3.jpg

So first thing, the radio it came with is awful and the door speakers are blown...

KYlad1K.jpg

Down to Halfrauds and I did a buy!

CidX5dk.jpg

Fitted the Head Unit with no issues, just waiting on speaker adapters and some other bits in the post till my next update.

ROIk90l.jpg

On 15/07/2016 at 7:05 PM, My_Names_Buck said:

Not the greatest of starts to new car ownership for you then but hope it didn't dismay you too much. 

I do love a double din unit good choice

Thanks dude!

Yeah i knew right away I wanted a double din, I couldn't stand staring at an empty din slot. It made me thing the centre looked unballanced.

• Like 1

Update...

Small progress today, I removed the rear wiper with the Kill All Wiper Glass blank.

dAZYHsD.jpg

This is the first car I've ever actually done anything on other than change wheels and I'm really enjoying it!

• Like 1

On 17 July 2016 at 7:32 PM, Sammjoey said:

Update...

Small progress today, I removed the rear wiper with the Kill All Wiper Glass blank.

dAZYHsD.jpg

This is the first car I've ever actually done anything on other than change wheels and I'm really enjoying it!

This is a mod that I keep meaning to do... Currently using a rubber bung from halfords! These blanks look so much better ????

5 hours ago, My_Names_Buck said:

This is a mod that I keep meaning to do... Currently using a rubber bung from halfords! These blanks look so much better ????

Do it dude, was pretty easy to do really. Just use plenty of selant that Kill All Wipers provide and put some painters tape on either side of it over night and you'll be fine!

• Like 1

Some more little bits that turned up in the post today:

TRpLHxy.jpg

GTI style heater dials look so much nicer than standard.

Unfortunetly I've began to notice what feels to be like a misfire on idle, so off come the plugs, leads and coilpacks tomorrow:angry:

• Like 2

A few updates as I've been busy working the past few days...

Changed the plugs and leads as the plugs were a little oily and a lead had some corrosion on it, will change the coil pack next month or so.

z8R7K1V.jpg

I put a tank of 99 octane fuel in and then got a check engine light 20 miles later?

dKE1LIl.jpg

Ordered an OBD2 cable so I can look up what it is myself but I presume it's emission related as the check engine light isn't flashing.

LO8XUys.jpg

Next I got round to replacing the door speakers as the mounts finally arrived. While doing this I realised that they hasdn't blown but were actually unplugged as the previous owner had tried to change them and I found his broken drill bit in one of the rivits. That explains that really :lol: The rivits took 4 of my drill bits with them!:angry:

6NpIIHw.jpg

Finally this morning I painted the centre heater bulb with some nail varnish, Still looks a little pinky so will give it a few more coats but it was bugging me so much with it being white.

Not much gone on over the past few days, just got an aluminium headlight switch:

image.jpeg

However I've got a very big parcel coming with lots of bits in it for Lenny :D

Edited by Sammjoey

Big update of packages!

So today I come back from lunch to find this...

iS8aOT0.jpg

A set of Audi TT Knee bars (need some deep scratches removing in the corners and a bit of a polish)

5JP6SwW.jpg

And black carpets, centre consol, dash tray and other interior bits and wind deflector, yes deflectoR, not ors. This moron only sent me one, he also forgot the handbreak I asked for and the plastic between the shells and rear seats that the seat belt runs through.

iFb4pBY.jpg

So I spent the evening cleaning up the new interior and will try to remove some of the scuffs and scratches.

Z8k53Un.jpg

• Like 1

So been doing a few little bits while I wait for the idiot I brought my interior from to "find" and give me the rest of.

nLewDd3.jpg

Come home to a few goodies and got this done:

DXrQS4c.jpg

Made myself a USB passthrough for the cord coming out of the back of the headunit as I've had enough of it hanging everywhere.

With the use of some ghetto tools to plastic weld it...:rolleyes:

IqybEUf.jpg

The other thing to come...

IKpJgrd.jpg

So I gave wrapping the heater trim a go.

OBjP2zb.jpg

qHNAOyE.jpg

This weeks update: Sorry for being a little quite on here but I've been up to many things with the Lupo.

I still haven't recieved the missing parts of my interior. But I decided to crack on with the swap anyway as the new interior was taking up a lot of space.

I2lOmh2.jpg

Okay so what I didn't realise that theres difference in the centre consoles from different models, so I did a little "Dremel Surgery" to it...

pd3uMyd.jpg

snbdD6z.jpg

So yeah it's not the greatest fit but I've ordered the right centre console so it'll be sorted within a few days. I also need to buy a smaller Torx screw driver so i can change over the ash tray cover, and I'm still waiting on my new gear knob and gaitor.

More fun!

hqMORVm.jpg

sbZTeSe.jpg

fkcg3UH.jpg

PyQErGy.jpg

I really love this wrap, I debated for ages over getting this one or painting everything gloss black and I think that I have made the right choice!

15 hours ago, 666DUB said:

Good work so far, good mods. I've got some of the same, the heater knobs , knee bars and chrome switch .

Thanks dude, they're cool little things and I like the aluminium touches they add to the interior. Going to finally put my knee bars in when I get my next centre console. Just finished wrapping a load of other pieces this evening.

• 1 month later...

So unfortunetly I've been rather busy with work over the past month but I have got a big update!

c8w8Ls5.jpg

jBLBH7O.jpg

OUiRlZ0.jpg

As you can see I went on to wrap a lot of pieces that I hadn't done.

unOmmSn.jpg

I then finally changed the rear plastics and all the door cards, as well as cut wholes for electric window switches as I brought the wrong cards because they was £60 cheaper.

VAE7lJP.jpg

Maybe black switches would look better but people want stupid money for them!

qMhrgQr.jpg

Then this finally happened!

YkJY2EF.jpg

And I chucked some GTI pedal covers on because why not add more aluminium.

8wwGwK2.jpg

Still need to get round the doing the gear guator and handbreak surround, as well as buy a minature Torx bit to change the ash tray cover. You can also see here a sneak of the massive change....

5PgxTYo.jpg

V8klny3.jpg

I managed to score these Recaro's for dirt cheap on here, supprisingly no one had brought them! A lovely basically new old stock pair of Recaro LX/X Trophy Le Mans seats.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So It's been quite a while but I've been very busy since October...

dbcVaTm.jpg

VufQbkc.jpg

Shortly after that I was getting a few check engine codes...

Turned out to be for the Throttle body and EGR valve so I got both of those off and gave them a good clean!

bBsOuci.jpg

2XTBlJK.jpg

And then we had a nice package arrive from Japan after waiting for about 6 weeks...

sWaKsPK.jpg

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

there's loads on here.

I love the knee bars in my actual Tt, can you legitimately put your weight on them in the lupo when cornering hard?

I believe I can I'm not sure right now, truth be told I only put one in and then realised I had been sent the wrong centre console so I didn't bother putting the other one in:lol:

But I'm finally getting the right centre console this weekend so I'll be able to report back soon. But from what my girlfriend tells me under hard cornering shes able to put her weight onto the one passenger side when I did install it I used four bolts and sandwiched washers in there too in order to help hold it in place.