Strut mount problem

Dellingr

hi

got a 09 Fox recently had the offside spring and strut top mounting repaired.  But after a few days got the same creaking at low speed, so took it back and they replaced the part free of charge.   Another week and the same creaking has returned.

I am due to drive 60 miles to the airport tomorrow to go on holiday and wanted to find out if this is a SAFETY  issue - or just a noise that can be sorted when I get back?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

On 7/9/2016 at 9:02 PM, Dellingr said:

hi

got a 09 Fox recently had the offside spring and strut top mounting repaired.  But after a few days got the same creaking at low speed, so took it back and they replaced the part free of charge.   Another week and the same creaking has returned.

I am due to drive 60 miles to the airport tomorrow to go on holiday and wanted to find out if this is a SAFETY  issue - or just a noise that can be sorted when I get back?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Hello, 

It's hard to say, and like others, I wouldn't want to say that it's definitely safe on a public forum.... 

Although, if the car drives fine, has no steering issues, loud banging over bumps etc, then it's highly likely we can assume the following:

• The garage who repaired the top mount tightened the strut up effectively (It's not going to fall off!)
  • The spring isn't snapped (In which case it's not going to come loose to the point of not working) 
  •  
  •  
  • you'll more than likely be OK but please make your own judgement. 

If the noise keeps coming back, then is it definitely the top mount? You say at low speed, is that just in a straight line? Corners etc?