Lupo Friendly Car Ramps, Suggestions Please.

JoeyEunos

As per the title really ;)

I'm planning to rust proof and underseal my Lupo in the forthcoming weeks whilst the weather's good, and despite having adequate jacks and stands, it's a task that is likely to involve me being under the car for hours on end it struck me that it would be much nicer/safer to have the car on ramps....

My question is simple, do any of you use ramps and are you using extensions? If you are using ramps, which ones and where did you get them from (Links would be useful)? FWIW my car is standard ride height.

At the moment I'm looking at these https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/car-ramps-cr2/ but it's difficult to decipher if my bumper will clear them (Hence the thread)

As always, thanks in advance for any thoughts/musings/suggestions!

3 hours ago, JoeyEunos said:

it would be much nicer/safer to have the car on ramps...

If put on stands correctly then it's perfectly safe, regardless of how long it is on them for. 

I completely get that, none the less, I used to have a set of ramps years ago and somehow I always did feel much more comfortable being under a car supported by them as opposed to stands, placebo? Definitely, but it's important to feel good, right?

It's also less about that TBH and more about the convenience of being able to simply drive on/off without grovelling under the car placing jacks/stands about for quicker jobs or for instances where I'd just like to have a swift shufty underneath. Also having to touch in several layers of underseal in areas that I'd missed because they were covered or obscured by jack stands would be a pain too.

I should have explained/worded this slightly better in my original post ;) 

P.S: Do you have any suggestions RE suitable ramps? 

6 hours ago, Rich said:

I have no idea however you could always chop/weld a set.

I'm pretty sure I have a set someone left lying around on my 'weigh in' pile.

'Weigh in' ramps sound like just the ticket ;) I'll drop you a text this morning Sir.

I just bought a cheap set from ECP. I prefer them to stands because they give a lot more space. Simple really.