Lupo Gti Exhaust from VW

lupo1.0se

Hi Guys

More of question really. I have ordered a new GTi exhaust from Vw. The middle section I got within a couple of days. But the rear. I have been waiting over 6 weeks for. So my questions are below.

What is the lead time on getting one?

How long have you had to wait?

Many thanks

Usually for back ordered parts, we are told to quote between 8 - 10 working days, however I have known parts to take longer than you have been waiting. Its mainly due to availability in Germany, and seeing as they don't make the Lupo anymore, I wouldn't imagine they don't have any kind of production line making parts like this for their stock, so they are probably having to get whoever supplied them to actually make one for VW. I had a wait on my Janspeed system of around 6 - 8 weeks as they had to make one.

The cost of the exhaust parts are as follows:

Centre Silencer - 6X0 253 209 E - £124.02 inc vat

'Eco' centre silencer - JZW 253 209 M - £65.42 inc vat

Rear Silencer - 6E0 253 609 B - £455.80 inc vat

Exhaust joiners x2 - 191 253 141 F - £17.10 inc vat each

Seeing as the cat-back Janspeed system was £300 if I remember right and is stainless steel too, even with my staff rate it made no sense to buy a factory system!

Makes my OEM rear silencer sound even more of a bargain. I paid £50 inc delivery for a brand new one.

sitting in my loft, maybe need to get it put on at the next service as I got a warning at the last mot for a small blow.

8 hours ago, Silver! said:

Makes my OEM rear silencer sound even more of a bargain. I paid £50 inc delivery for a brand new one.

sitting in my loft, maybe need to get it put on at the next service as I got a warning at the last mot for a small blow.

Cheeky sod. Then there's me with a dodgey exhaust. The baffles are broken.

Weird about the pricing. Because I got the middle exhaust cheaper than quoted and the rear is more expensive than quoted...

The only reason why I am buying a genuine one as I want to keep the car very OEM. The only one which looks similar on the back box is the scorpion exhaust. But the centre does not have twin pipes and it does not look quite right (in my opinion)

You can get a place to make you an exhaust and refit the original tail pipes.

Sorry, I was on here at the right time one Sat afternoon, when someone posted a large for sale ad. The Exhaust was there so I bought it. Cost him £20 to post; which meant he got £30 for the part.

After I checked the price at VW, which was then £290-ish + VAT I paid the postage and paid his membership on here. Still a bargain.

So it actually cost me £80. :o

12 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

Centre Silencer - 6X0 253 209 E - £124.02 inc vat

'Eco' centre silencer - JZW 253 209 M - £65.42 inc vat

What's the difference?

14 hours ago, Silver! said:

You can get a place to make you an exhaust and refit the original tail pipes.

Sorry, I was on here at the right time one Sat afternoon, when someone posted a large for sale ad. The Exhaust was there so I bought it. Cost him £20 to post; which meant he got £30 for the part.

After I checked the price at VW, which was then £290-ish + VAT I paid the postage and paid his membership on here. Still a bargain.

So it actually cost me £80. :o

What I meant was the design of the back box. It must be a standard pressing (or something along those lines due to it looks similar to a lupo sport back box bar the pipes)

The closest I found in design is the below by Kam racing. Stainless steel to.

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuning/volkswagen/vw-lupo/intake-exhaust/vw-lupo-1-6-16v-gti-kam-racing-exhaust-system.html

Total comes to £573. But kam racing is a trader on here.

11 hours ago, Blue Loop said:

Still pretty cheap!

Where abouts you said you lived again? Might have to raid that loft full of parts of yours :P

:lol::lol::roflmao:

12 hours ago, Blue Loop said:

Still pretty cheap!

Where abouts you said you lived again? Might have to raid that loft full of parts of yours :P

I'll tell you, don't worry

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 8:02 PM, Silver! said:

What's the difference?

ECO is VW's range of parts designed for cars over 4 years old, they do all sorts of parts, for example:

batteries, exhausts, brakes, alternators, starter motors, wiper blades and so on.....

Its to try and entice vw owners to buy OE parts rather than a 'competitors' as the vw parts guarantees and quality are still there but for less money.

• Like 1