Egr problems

Dannyteee

Hi all, EGR valve went again so took it off to clean, when it came to putting it back in I decided I wanted to drop the bolts down into the engine bay along with a few Allen keys, managed to get my tools back but can't get the one bolt which has louged it's self near the gearbox, was wondering if any one knew the specs so I can go get another one 

cheers 

Well the EGR is back, the car is still running bad so ran a check through the laptop, got 5 fault codes ? Would any one happen to know a solution to this one because I have no idea, "manifold / barometric pressure sensor (g71) / (f96)" this a also led to the car misfiring as well 

any help would be appreciated 

Hi

Can you not just block it?  My Sdi was running appallingly, read up on blocking, did and now the car runs great, I swear it even stopped a slow puncture on the right rear too (that last bit might not be true :) )

cheers

Ian

Ah, you've spotted the flaw in my thinking, I have no idea, correction, I know what one is, just don't know what that one does, probably something to do with actuating the EGR valve but if it's showing it shut (or rather no through flow) I don't see, other than reporting a fault, it makes a great deal of difference.

Cheers

Ian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...