Coolant leak from thermostat housing

I have recently had my cam felt, tensioner and water pump replaced and noticed that it was leaking  coolant. I took the engine cover off to have a look and noticed there appears to be a plastic c clip which connects the housing to a black tube behind the engine. This is where the coolant is dripping out of.  I have not had the courage to take the housing off as don't want to loose any more coolant. I have found an exploded drawing showing this tube going to the water pump at the other end My question is, does the black tube just push in and get kept in place with the plastic c clip? Is there an o ring in there as well?  Any help really great fully received as annoyed to see £32 worth of coolant dripping out.

Hi Davedex,

Yes, there is a seal at either end of the plastic pipe, which, as you say is held by a plastic 'c' clip. You should eb able to catch most of the coolant, by placing a clean tray underneath the car. Let me know the registration number of your car and I'll price the necessary parts, if you like.

PM me if preferred.

Regards, Dale.

We managed to get the thermostat housing off and disconnected the pipe which runs from the water pump across the back of the engine into the housing. It looks as if the o rings washer has become flat and perished and is letting coolant by.  I am hoping that I can get a new o ring tomorrow and that we can put it back together and get her back on the road. Fingers crossed!! 

Will pm you my reg!