Electric windows control wrong side!

Just picked up a Lupo 1.416v Sport.

For some reason the passenger electric window switch controls the drivers window and the drivers side switch controls the passenger window!!

Any ideas what causing this and how to fix? Obviously some wiring mixup but no idea where to start!

Tahnks

So wait, the switch in the passenger door controls the driver window? Or are you talking about the controls in the door?

Yep! So when you press the button to put the window down it puts down the window on the wrong side! Got in yesterday when i picked her up, went to put my window down and the window on the passenger side went down and when i checked the passenger side it put the window down for the drivers side!!!! 

You mean the double switches in the drivers door? Pull out the switch holder and then swap the black and tan block connectors over on the switches.

My drivers side switch is fubar so i swapped mine over so that the new passenger switch works my drivers side window, i reach across the car and do the passenger door switch if i want that window down. I will get another switch but this does for now.

As Sausage said, if it's in the drivers side controls, just switch them. Easy mistake to make to be fair.

No, just carefully lever up the switch holder part from either the front or the back, i cant remember which. Mine is a loose fit in my door card as it has been in and out so many times over the years the cardboard hole has worn.

Literally makes no sense at all! If I switch the tan and black blocks around under the drivers side switch the drivers window stops working completely!

any ideas new switch?

20 hours ago, Sausage said:

No, just carefully lever up the switch holder part from either the front or the back, i cant remember which. Mine is a loose fit in my door card as it has been in and out so many times over the years the cardboard hole has worn.

Don't do that.....

3 hours ago, DC1982 said:

Literally makes no sense at all! If I switch the tan and black blocks around under the drivers side switch the drivers window stops working completely!

any ideas new switch?

Clean contacts, then yes, new switch.

So tried cleaning and replacing the switch and nothing. 

The passenger window works fine from the drivers controls but the drivers       window just clicks and doesn't move. If I swap the blocks around under the control panel on the drivers door the drivers window goes down but won't go up and the passenger Windowndoesnt work.

i would assume it can't be a fuse or relay or motor issue and I've changed the switch what else could it be!!

please help it's so hot !!!!

Fuse diagram on the back of the box. Work from there. If it's the motor you might hear it click?