Head unit

Thanks for your reply and might sound stupid but I don't really know the difference lol :/ but here's a link to the 1 I was looking at just wanted somthing cheap for time being as I bought it without a radio https://www.gumtree.com/p/car-replacement-parts/vw-mk-5-golf-gt-tdi-radio/1166720939

I don't think a Mk5 radio would fit anyway as they are screwed into a Golf dash by four screws on the outer edge of the radio, so I think its physically too big to fit in the hole.

5 minutes ago, lupogtiboy said:

I don't think a Mk5 radio would fit anyway as they are screwed into a Golf dash by four screws on the outer edge of the radio, so I think its physically too big to fit in the hole.

Easy modification.

how could I change that then skezza so it does receive a canbus signal and would it be much in it as I'm not very good with electrics lol and as for the actual fitment I'd imagine it would only be the 4 lugs preventing it going in but will be easily removed :) 

1 hour ago, Skezza said:

Easy modification.

You say that but its not even a square-shaped radio, its more oval shaped. Then there is no secure way of keeping it in the dash as it screws into the dash on a Mk5, it doesn't have any cage mounts you can use. By all means give it a go, but surely there is a simpler way of doing this?