Radio/Speakers

Felix_h97

So my fox doesnt have the usual aux port, but i've managed to put a cable in to the back of the radio which coverts mp3 to cd then play music through cd button. Works a treat. Next step is to try and upgrade speakers. Has anyone done this?/ shed some light? 

I also have an issue with the front right speaker where a lot of the deeper sounds dont come through, then suddenly it'll work for a moment and then go. I assume this is a loose wire but is there an easy way to get at the speaker and take a look? 

Thanks Felix.

• 2 months later...

Hey, The speakers on the fox are a bit of a nightmare. To get to the speaker there are I think 5-6 screws located around the door panel, Some are on the underside and the rest are located in a few more visible places. The speakers are for some stupid reason riveted into the door meaning that you cannot just remove some screws and have a look. There should be a wax paper like cover under the door panel to help keep thinks waterproof, you might have to create a gap in this so that you can see through a hole in the bottom centre of the door where the window motor is placed, This will be the best place to be able to see if you can get in behind the speaker and have a look.

• 6 months later...
On 5/17/2016 at 5:52 PM, Felix_h97 said:

So my fox doesnt have the usual aux port, but i've managed to put a cable in to the back of the radio which coverts mp3 to cd then play music through cd button. Works a treat.

Hi Flexi, 

How have you managed to get a cable into the back of the radio? What kind of input is there already there? I'm just curious as I have just bought a Fox and would really like to be able to connect my phone to the radio. Anyway thanks :)

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, martinedwards said:

look in the glove box.  there should be a socket......

I don't think that every fox has a socket, guess it was an optional extra. But OP said that he has managed to connect a cable himself.