Lupo SDI 1.7 Gearbox alternatives help please!

tinylupo

You can fit other 085 cable change gearboxes, but the gear ratio and final drive ratios will be different and you can end up revving the nuts off it at 70 mph if you dont check the gearbox codes and get the wrong ratios. 

Look for one with a tall 5th and tall final drive for diesels, I think these are correct anyway:  DED DXQ ETF FFV

What's wrong with your existing box? It's perhaps cheaper and easier to have it rebuilt if there're problems... At least that way you know the box's history and you can be sure to avoid buying another one that's no better.

Out of interest what kind of millage are you on?

polo sdi gearbox is the same

2 hours ago, JoeyEunos said:

What's wrong with your existing box? It's perhaps cheaper and easier to have it rebuilt if there're problems... At least that way you know the box's history and you can be sure to avoid buying another one that's no better.

Out of interest what kind of millage are you on?

i did 130000 before mine let go

7 hours ago, tinylupo said:

no didnt think of that, is that something quite common>?

Cables stretch over time making it hard to select gears. Your box shouldn't be knackered with so few miles.

It's worth a try and free

11 hours ago, rrdoctoruk said:

when you say there is no reverse did it give up suddenly or has been going for quite some time

suddenly gave up :(

11 hours ago, wehey said:

Cables stretch over time making it hard to select gears. Your box shouldn't be knackered with so few miles.

It's worth a try and free

ok cool i will take it to my local and get him to check it. is that something simple?

thanks for all your help above guys