Joey's Retro Eunos Roadster.

JoeyEunos

I'm currently driving a Mazda, albeit not an MX5 but having looked at the mounting points they look very similar to MX5 mk1's, although they maybe more like the Mazda 323.

So the seats should fit then? I don't want any of the MK1 MX5 seats with the ridiculous speakers. Just a nice set of MK2's would be good.

Uhhh, I'm embarrassed to say. It's bloody dreadful.... well it's not, but it's very practical (certainly compared to a Loop) and incredibly uncool.

On 02/11/2017 at 6:17 PM, JoeyEunos said:

Don't keep us in suspense...

Edit to say on the basis of no repsonse I'm going to assume your new vehicle is a Mazda 121 ;)

And you wouldn't be wrong ;)

37 minutes ago, JoeyEunos said:

I had my suspicions :D

It's not even the metro.... it's the Demio style estate version from 2000. It's like sitting in a car from 1987..... which isn't surprising since the first version was released in 1989. Very dated inside and out, but incredibly simple to work on.

Mazda did, to their credit, throw in a few modern features to try and win over the discerning customer (electric windows on 4 doors, remote central locking, electric sunroof). They didn't overhaul the entire look and feel of the car for another 18 months though, hence the outdated styling and dashboard. It's a bit bi-polar in that regard.

I will give it a fair bit of credit for being incredibly practical. Huge boot and lots of space in the rear. It loses all credit when you drive it though. It wallows around corners like an overweight oil tanker.

However it answers the question: what can you buy with £200 on a Friday afternoon in Stoke-on-Trent?