Little Black Lupo

Prox

Hey guys!

So, I returned to the UK after four years overseas and bought my parents Lupo off them. They've had it since it was 7000miles old so I know it's been looked after.

1.4 8v currently with 75k miles on it. My dad also put some coilovers and teardrops on it. Once upon a time, the Teardrops were mirror polished, however they weren't lacquered or kept clean.

How it looked when I got it:

DSC_2430.jpg

Then I picked up a set of Borbet A's - 165/45/15 7's on the front and 165/50/15 8's on the back. Unfortunately still haven't gotten around to adjusting the ride height. Ideally want the front to come down a bit and the rear (once the arches are rolled). Came off a Lupo so I knew the fitment was pretty sweet!

DSC_2492.jpg

DSC_2589.jpg

Since then I have moved up to Edinburgh, where the roads are absolutely atrocious. Got a set of Cambridge Edition lights and gave her a good polish and wax on Sunday.

DSC_2896.jpg

DSC_2900.jpg

DSC_2902%20collage.jpg

More to come in the near future, need to get them savings going!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So now I am torn between going low and "stancing" on the Borbet's or going more practical and getting some 7j 195's and having some better handling. Tough decisions, especially when on a budget ?

Will keep ya'll posted!

image.jpeg

Yeah that would be a good idea, the tyres are all wrong. But because i'm broke i'm looking for some swaps and cash my way to keep me going (just started new job) and came across some Rota Zero's with Toyo Proxes 15x7 <3

But does look really sweet on the Borbet's

2vaegow.jpg

So I was driving home from work today and noticed the engine light was flashing and it was missing and felt underpowered before it come to a complete stop. Popped the bonnet and noticed that one of the coil packs was melted and it stank of plastic burning. 
Read that cheap ones aren't that great and they were budget ones installed so I bought 3 more Bosch ones (one was already Bosch) and installed and still didn't start. Luckily I broke down right opposite a garage who plugged it in to see no fault codes. Let them take it from there as I'm no mechanic!

But I did swap my wheels for some BBS RX2's with some cash my way (currently broke!) Haven't had a chance to see if they scrub or anything as the car doesn't start, will try get a nice height with the 195's!

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

Hopefully will get it back Monday!

• 1 month later...

Apparently the car melted a wire which caused it not to start, quick fix fortunately.

And then after a long search on the interwebs, managed to find a set of these. Test fitting tomorrow, well happy. 

2qckyzn.jpg

Edited by Prox
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Went to adjust the coilovers today and they're fully seized, I guess I mustn't be strong enough.....

Covered in WD40 and went in with a wire brush, but still no budge. It also seems the lower cup is smaller and my C spanner doesn't grip it.... Pretty disappointing.

oj0740.jpg

But here how it's looking on the UP! Wheels, got plenty of room to come down all round too!

icmukj.jpg

• Like 1

I like it on the VW Up! Classic wheels, nice bit of colour co-ordinating! I'm running my GTI on my Up!'s Triangle alloys at the moment, though in desperate need of some smaller tyres....

On 8/18/2016 at 5:52 PM, weslangdon said:

What did you do with the teardrops, they are genuinely stylish, not so sure about the Citigo wheels;)

Just wanted something a bit more special :)

10 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

I like it on the VW Up! Classic wheels, nice bit of colour co-ordinating! I'm running my GTI on my Up!'s Triangle alloys at the moment, though in desperate need of some smaller tyres....

Yeah I bet that looks cool, I think it's a good upgrade!

I have white teardrops on my Lupo Auto, I wouldn't claim to look classy as the car is lowered but as they came from a Mk 2 Scirocco, adding a bit of that cars magic would be nice addition. I'm not sure there's anything classy about an UP/Mii or a CitiGO aren't they just white goods?

11 hours ago, weslangdon said:

I have white teardrops on my Lupo Auto, I wouldn't claim to look classy as the car is lowered but as they came from a Mk 2 Scirocco, adding a bit of that cars magic would be nice addition. I'm not sure there's anything classy about an UP/Mii or a CitiGO aren't they just white goods?

Not after the classy look, just thought you don't see many of these sets of wheels around, most of the ups are on wheeltrims or the other wheels

21 hours ago, weslangdon said:

I'm not sure there's anything classy about an UP/Mii or a CitiGO aren't they just white goods?

Erm... no, I love my Up! Mines pretty well spec'd too, panoramic roof, parking sensors, cruise control, pleather heated seats, sat nav, Bluetooth, lowered 'sports' suspension, privacy glass, great little car and 50+mpg all the time too, plus only £20 a year tax! What's not to like?

• Like 1