1.0 Air Intake

cj1

Hello, just wondering if anyone is aware of any kits suitable for the 1.0 that are any good? 

I'm looking to remove the big clunky airbox and just have an intake pipe coming straight off the throttle body, probably with a hole in the bumper for the intake. Quite happy to just buy the pipes and do it tbh, but what do people do with the 3 breather pipes coming off the engine and into the airbox? I've had a look about, and seen that people add the little mini filters on, but eventually (As you'd expect) they start dripping oil.

PS - before we go there with "why on a 1 litre" - it's for the rally car, I'm not expecting massive results,if any noticeable ones at all,  it's more of a weight saving more than anything to be honest, and getting the most out of the 1.0. Every little counts! 

Use an oil catch can for the breather pipe. I've had a long and lengthy discussion with a guy who thinks the oil that goes into your catch can should be returned to the sump. My problem with that is moisture collects in the can and you really don't want that going into your sump.

i wouldn't bother on a 1L as you would lose some of already little power the engine produces, cold air intakes are good when they have been mapped in (so the engine can adjust the air/fuel ratio for a stochiometric condition. for the breather, yes i agree with a catch can, you will need to keep an eye on it though as the moisure can fill it up quicker than you expect, you can get panel filters which ould work well in the original airbox, you could drill the airbox too which allows more air to enter the engine.

on the other hand, if your looking for an enclosed air filter you can put a cold air feed too i have a BMC CDA ACCDA 70-130 up for sale 

12910618_10207933611830517_1433843720_n.jpg

A Panel or cone filter will allow you a weight saving over the standard air box and filter set up it will be less effective but also less restrictive.

The Lupo used a closed loop control ECU so air to fuel is determied by the lamda sensor so it will adapt up to point to more air by allowing more fuel as you say it's doubtful that the effect will be noticable.