What is a ideal lupo gti ?

Azim

Looking to purchase a lupo gti in the near future  .

What's the best colour for one .

What is the most desirable spec list to have ?.

What should I pay for low milage one ?

Any other advice to help me choose a good one ,would be appreciated thanks 

All very subjective mate.

I love red GTI's, but Anthracite is a very popular colour.

Depends what you want. Do you want air con? Then that's desirable. There's not many other extras you'll find, maybe heated seats in a few. Personally, not all that bothered myself about those frilly features.

How long is a piece of string? Mileage isn't everything.

Personally, I had three parameters when I was looking for a GTi.

i) it had to be red

ii) it had to be a 6 speed model

iii) it had to be stock

I'm very happy with my purchase, having air con in my car is a bonus but I would have bought the car without it. 

IMG_2757_zpszh9ejrqr.jpg

Edited by Dubster

........ Full service history, recent cambelt change would be good.

for me I wanted to buy one from the first owner, with VW service history, 6 speed and it had to be standard with cloth interior ..Anything else would have been a bonus.

theres a few around at the moment with higher mileage but there's a couple going for bargain prices.

I really like silver, I know it's the most common colour but I think it's one of the nicest.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by LexG
  • Like 1

Dubster and LexG ,both your cars are excellent examples .

I would like a white or anthrasite or black one ,with air con,heated leathers .

At what mileage and year does the prices of gti's start shooting up ..

It seems that anything after 53 plate and less than 70k seems to command much higher prices ..

Thing is silver is the most popular colour for a reason. When people bought them new, they wanted the best looking colour. BOOM!

The only standard colour was red, all the others were additional costs.

I think I am the only person who doesn't like Raven blue; not really so much to do with the outside, but for me there's just to many colours in the interior as there's quite a lot of paint visible inside. The others, red, silver, anthracite and black are all the interior already and it's a nice place to be.

I would worry less about the colour and extras now and look for a clean well looked after example.

Leather, aircon, sunroof are all nice to have, but they all add weight therefore slowing them down and using more fuel. :lol: :roflmao:

One multi award winning Lupo GTI owner said to me after a road trip (on which there was every colour I think) that silver looked the best on the move. He said he would obviously deny ever saying it as he had a raven at the time.

Whatever you decide; good luck with your quest.

Colour is such a subjective thing so you like what you like, for me I don't agree with Silver my Raven Blue has a grey interirior no red seats which i don't like. only 2 colours.

I'd had to have 6 speed 2002 onwards for sharper throttle response, std interior, no heavy items to dull the performance

simple is better  :)

• Like 1

I think the black ones photograph worst (you need the right angle) but in the flesh I love mine so much. 

Personally, as someone that bought due to mileage and price, I'd advise going for the car you find with the best bodywork. Mine is ropy and it's all very expensive if I ever want to sort it, whereas anything mechanical that goes (within reason), between myself and my Dad we can pretty much fix for the price of parts... 

22 hours ago, carrera-gt said:

Colour is such a subjective thing so you like what you like, for me I don't agree with Silver my Raven Blue has a grey interirior no red seats which i don't like. only 2 colours.

I'd had to have 6 speed 2002 onwards for sharper throttle response, std interior, no heavy items to dull the performance

simple is better  :)

So out of interest have you swapped your red seat belts for grey\black too?

Ditching the red would make it much more subtle. I have just bought new mats, but in solid anthracite. Much more blended.

Still got my new red piped, but for longevity and OEM-ness I'll keep them safe and clean.

9 hours ago, Cooper_GTI said:

I agree with Silver!' on this - whilst they look nice from the outside, the interior looks awful on the garish coloured ones (red and blue).

I agree, I much prefer the neutral colours. 

The red seat belts are on my OEM+ list to be replaced at some point yes, they look terrible so 80's Not sue where to get

replacements but I'm sure the internet will provide.

I'n not bothered by strong colurs my 911 was viper green mettalic, I never saw another one in that colour.

5 hours ago, 666DUB said:

Mmm, i like the red seat belts.

Me too!

I think the red stitching on the seats and steering wheel is subtle and together with the red belts sets my car off nicely.

Black was my only real requirement along with a lowish mileage. 

Unfortunately what lupo1.0se said is true. It shows up EVERY mark. The paint comes up nicely when washed/waxed but christ, I want to cry after I see all the stone chips, scratches and marks. Going to the bodyshop soon anyhow.