Heated seat switches/loom for GTI

christophertr6

Hi. Grabbed a leather interior but it does not have the switches & loom. Do you chaps know if Polo switches/loom are the same or similar enough for reasonable modification/fitment? Or does anyone have switches etc for sale? 

Its the last real item I wanted for mine save for a sunroof but that might be beyond my retro fit capabilities!

OK, just had the leather seats delivered and pretty ok with the condition. However thy came from and older can and do not have the side airbags fitted, which my cloth interior did.

Is there an emulator to plug in to my wiring to get the air bag light off?

Can I turn off the seat in VCSD lite?

Is it possible to take the air bags from cloth seats & put into leather ones? (unlikely)

Did later leather seats have air bags?

Still looking for switches & loom if anyone can help.

You can use a resistor across the 2 airbag terminals to make the light go out.

but yes, all original Lupo leathers came with airbags.

With regards to loom, you can always wire them up to an on/off switch to save the hassle of installing the whole loom. But if you do want to do it 'properly', check Kufatec for the loom. I don't think it's cheap though.

Thanks for that. You say that all original Lupo leathers came with air bags? When I took the cloth seats out there was a yellow connector block that I disconnected (presumably air bag) the leather does not have this yellow connecter - but does have a green one for the heating element. There is also no "airbag" badge on the "shoulder" of the seat back which there is on the cloth ones.

Is the air bag there but no badge and is the wiring connection different? (cant see any other spare one)

Thanks for that. Tis what I assumed. Mine is a very late model car but seats I bought were from a Y plate. Ideally I need to find leather front seats with air bags, but In the meantime I'll use the resistor trick.

I'll see how I get on with the leather. Cloth has got a lot going for it. I may even try & put the heating elements into the cloth seats.....

• 1 month later...

Hi again. Need a bit of help with my leather seats. I have got switches & a loom, but the instructions from the site are a translation from German and not very helpful. I can work most things out but need to know how & were to get the power from. I have taken some of the dash trim out to try & get to the fuse box and make a connection at fuse 51. But before I go too far in ripping things out I'd like to hear of others experience and maybe a guide or method statement?

Photos would be good. I have checked the "how to" guides but didn't find anything there - or have I missed something?

Firstly.

power up the heated seats, check they work.

Secondly, remove the leather material from the seats and install them onto your current ones; use the passenger side bolsters and the bases. (easier than you think)

Thirdly, you have the kufatec loom I presume; if I remember rightly one of the blacks goes to fuse 23? There is a connecting mini black wire which taps into an ignition live black wire somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that. Twas a German loom I bought - but getting it changed as I ordered one for a pre 200 car instead of 2005. I can work most things out but its where I get the 12v live feed from for main power that I need to know, and the illumination feed (which I guess is from light switch). The loom I'm getting has blade connections to insert into port 50 of the fuse box to allow a bladed fuse to be inserted but that in itself won't provide the power. The instructions that came with the loom were in German and Google Translate actually identified one of the wire colours as "eyebrows".........which didn't inspire confidence!

I'll pick this up when the loom gets here.

Ah. Just had a refund from the German suppliers of my loom - so I guess I'm not getting a replacement. Bugger. Is the Polo loom on Kufatec site the correct one for Lupo?

And the real problem I am having is where to actually get the 12v power for the seat loom from. Where do you actually make the connection? I have dragged the fuse box out and can see where to insert the new blade fuse holder at location 50 but one side of that needs to go to  12v feed. I'm in danger of revealing incompetence here but.... HELP!

I will give you the knowledge to help yourself.

I once explained this on here, if you can utilise the power of google then you will find the answer somewhere within the depths.