Lowering Springs?

tom01997

So, after my insurance renewal, I can now modify my car (previous insurers had a strict no mods policy).

Contemplating a set of -60mm front, -40mm rears. Anybody got any photographs of their lupo/arosa with this setup?

Also if anybody has any horror stories with "lo suspension" kits on ebay let me know so I can steer clear! 

Any other advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

for the top mount, WD40, pry bar, or a piece of like scaffold bar to slide over the top of your wrench, take a 1/2"sd socket set you should be fine. First of spray the top mount nuts with a liberal spray of WD, then go and do the rears. Also take a hammer,  tappy tappy ;). Where are you collecting them from? 

On 19/03/2016 at 0:19 PM, mattarosa said:

Dead easy to remove Tom. The rears take about an hour max, the fronts 2 maybe.

Having done it with you, I'd have said it was the other way around :D

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/03/2016 at 4:30 PM, Skezza said:

Having done it with you, I'd have said it was the other way around :D

Had the rear shocks and springs off, and back on in 30 mins tops on the rally car!  Maybe add a little on for having to remove the trim, but that can't be much, right? :lol:

10 hours ago, cj1 said:

Had the rear shocks and springs off, and back on in 30 mins tops on the rally car!  Maybe add a little on for having to remove the trim, but that can't be much, right? :lol:

It's much easier on the rears he just can't get his fingers in. I leave the trim on when I do it!

• 1 month later...

http://www.fk-shop.de/en/Tuning/Suspension-Tuning/Lowering-springs/Lowering-Springs-VW-Lupo-not-3L-Fr-Bk-ca-55-40-mm.html?cur=1&filterVehicle+Model=Lupo&verbose=true&catalog=true&searchparam=*&fnc=ajaxListLoader&cnid=9eacae300912a3d256975e94679a8793

this is what I've got on mine, if your bolts have never been touched since new it could be tough work, i had to cut the bolts off the front and get new ones, also i had to buy new front shocks as the were you put the allen key burst, in the end i have all new front suspension, handling is great now, manage speed bumps fine, no body roll anymore

£42.46

55mm/40mm

impact gun makes it a lot easier

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1849.jpg