Seat Arosa intermittent falut

steveedwards246

Hi all new to this forum,

I have a 2003 Seat Arosa 1.0 which has developed a weird intermittent fault, sometimes i will go out to the car to start it and on the turn of the key does not turn over even though the dash lights are on, car can then run either fine for a long period or constantly cutting out, battery light flickers on and off along with engine management light while these are flickering there is no power and the car judders violently and misfires, I have changed the coil pack, ht leads, and the fuel filter, i have had a mechanic look at it and still no better off.

anyone else had this problem or had any ideas?

You have an electrical fault with the 12v supply to some of the cars systems, you need to check for loose wires and       corroded fuses. Get an auto elecrician to look at it if you don't have the skills to do it yourself.

If the ignition key barrel seems sloppy or worn then defo start there. Start the car and then gently move the key around in the ignition and see if it cuts out, or else bang the steering wheel or column and see what it does.

If you cant get it to cut out doing that then it's probably elsewhere, but defo sounds like an electrical fault.