Noob with head unit swap questions lol :)

Hi guys, sorry in advance for the lack of understanding with this! I have a head unit already in my car, wired up to the sub and amp. I have another head unit I want to replace this with, so I have a couple of questions...

Firstly, I'm not sure where to find the amp fuse to remove it before I start lol. I'm not really sure what I'm meant to be looking for. My other car has the fuse within the wiring at the battery end... I've found a yellow fuse (lol) I assume in my first pic, that is the one I need to remove?...

Last question, In the last pic, is this my remote cable? I've never cut and re wired anything before!! I assume the wires that are already wired up to my current head unit will have the same looking remote wire? Thanks guys :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Fuse should be within about 12" of the battery, if in doubt disconnect the battery, if you do not have a fuse make sure you fit one

blue with a white stripe is pretty much the standard colour for remote to the amp

Edited by Mobieus_uk

Firstly, if I understand you correctly, you are only changing the head unit? If that is the case, then you don't need to do anything with the amp power wiring. Having said that, it would be wise to trace back the wiring and fuse it as Mobieus said near the battery.

Secondly, yes you are right, the blue and white is the remote wire. Just cut off the crimp and strip back and crimp on a new butt crimp. Don't do it like the one in the picture as that has not been done correctly. If you are using the "normal" crimp tool you can buy at Halfords etc then you should crimp once on the metal core to grip the core of the wire and once on the insulation of the crimp to crimp on to the insulation of the wire. Whilst you are at it, I would seriously think about redoing the connections to your amp with proper crimped on forks rather than bare wires. Not sure on the guage of the wires used but you may need yellow crimps for the 12v and ground, blue at the very least. Blue for the remote.