Help please? Misfire problem

Steph4n

Hey Ive been on this forum for a while and never made an account so I finally decided to and I'm stuck so I'm hoping somebody can help me? (I will be making a thread about my story of my lupos and now this arosa,

I have a misfire problem on my 04 1.4 Arosa S and I would appreciate suggestions on how to fix it..  

Steps I have taken so far are;

Changed HT Leads

Changed Spark Plugs

Changed Coilpack

i have also tried disconnecting the battery and waiting to remove the engine management light and it worked and the car seemed a lot better but then it came back flashing disappeared again then came back and stuck and I'm back to square one all advise is appreciated, thanks.

7 minutes ago, Ironflitz said:

Do a compression test and you'll be able to diagnose if it's an internal problem or not.

Search Google on how to do one, there's a detailed one on vauxhall owners club.

Ironflitz.

I have been told this if it's not compressing properly is it an easy fix or is it going to cost a lot?

14 hours ago, Steph4n said:

I have been told this if it's not compressing properly is it an easy fix or is it going to cost a lot?

If it's not compressing properly, then you've potentially got big problems mate.

As said already get a compression test done or cheaper still buy a compression tester and do it yourself. (about £20)

read up on the internet how to do it and post the results with 10 seconds cranking and wide open throttle on each cylinder.

have you used a code reader to see what the faults are?

Edited by Sausage
  • Like 1