FP-17-00

bought what i thought to be a double din facia adaptor off a trusted seller on ebay that I have used before without problems and they send me out a piece of chinese clone crap that not only does it not fit into the dashboard as its too big but the radio doesn't fit into the facia because the hole is too small, so no radio fitting today :(

its was really cheap and nasty, the front hole was about 174mm wide, no way 180mm was gonna fit, ive got a picture of what it looks like, its not a good pic and that was not the supplier was just easier than messing about with photos

was pretty well warped as well so that wasnt helping

$_35.JPG

Edited by Mobieus_uk

14 hours ago, Mobieus_uk said:

second attempt the new facia fits perfectly in the dashboard but not so well with the radio, its a Xtrons anyone had any experience with them?

You need to file off the front lip of the fascia.

Radio is nearly completed, ended up trimming the FP-17, nice snug fit, as suggested by Skezza, just need to mechanically fix it as it pops out in the corner and that will just not do, also the additional weight is making the dash pop out as my whole section is removable so will work out a way to lock that in, was sneaky with the gps arial, just hooked it under the dash under the heater vent, works perfectly, really pleased with the radio so nearly there

yeah, worked that out, the lupo is one of the worst cars Ive ever had to fit a radio in due to the lack of space and hard to find places to fit the connecting block, the loom on the new radio is pretty short, easy to extend to might do that so i can then get the plug tucked away, tried taking the old cage out but that made things a lot worse, cable ties is another option so will have a look later as got to pull radio out as bought the litttle arial adaptor today so will fit that

Edited by Mobieus_uk