New member from Yorkshire

AC & SONS

I thought I would just post some details and photos of my new Lupo GTI that I bought in early January.

My son has had one for a couple of years and I have always liked the way it drives and how it looks, so when this one came up for sale, I thought it looked like the perfect car.

It is a 2005 model and has only had three previous owners and covered 18,000 miles with full history. I bought it from a very nice guy in Cardiff who had bought the car 12 months previously but now had a change in circumstances, so it had to go. The previous owner had bought the car from her local dealer in Edinburgh when it was about 4 months old and had the car for about 9 years, but only covering about 15,000 miles in that time. The guy I bought it from had spent quite a lot on the car in the 12 months that he owned it including the following:

• 4 new Toyo Proxes tyres
  • Wheel refurb
  • Discs and pads all round
  • New rear dampers
  • All new badges
  • Cambelt
  • Water pump
  • Rear spoiler and new rear brake light
  • New wiper arms and blades

Since I have had the car, I have done a three stage paint correction with a D A polisher using Meguiars and Poorboys products. I have also had the wheels off and removed all the rust from the suspension and applied a good coat of Hammerite for protection; repainted the calipers and just given it a good general detail. It is currently SORN but I am looking at putting it on the road in March and having some fun with it and maybe take it to some car meets around the country. Some pictures below.

DSC_0035.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0007_-_edited.jpg

IMG_1262.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

• 2 weeks later...