My second Lupo GTI, restoration

jon_273

Fuel receipts from France and Spain, don't have same details as we do, so no I didn't. I do know I used more than 1/4 of a tank driving from Pau to Col D'Aubisque, which was less than 40 miles.

That's what I get for playing with a Merc SL500 and an Audi TT-RS. It was the first time we hit the mountain roads on the trip and they were well impressed with the Lupo's handling and perfomanceon the twisties though.

On 8 February 2016 at 8:13 PM, payna said:

Nice write up Jon!

Is it staying over there and getting registered etc or just for a bit?

itll be a hoot round the mountain roads in the summer time! So how long did the journey take?

how much fuel did you use?

...I'm asking all the questions in one go cos I'm not in very often!

Cheers!

I was going to register it, but now I'm not sure. I think there will be a lot of paperwork and I'll need a receipt for some LHD headlights. I'll keep it for a while and see.

Took me 14 hours to get there. Used 3 tanks of fuel. I did work out the mpg but now I've forgotten. It was somewhere between 34 and 38 mpg though, on super unleaded. And I was going quite quickly through France as their speed limits are a touch higher on the autoroute.

I'm looking forward to doing the Nurburgring and a few mountain passes B)