Electric window problems

RachB

As we all know the electric switches on the Arosa are a little temperamental at the best of times but I am now at the end of my tether :angry:

Had the car valeted just before Christmas and since then my passenger window opens when I drive over any little bump. I have tried my best to dry the car out and it seemed to make it a lot better. But over the last few days its just opening for fun. Am I going to need a new switch or will it eventually just dry out and behave? 

14 minutes ago, RachB said:

As we all know the electric switches on the Arosa are a little temperamental at the best of times but I am now at the end of my tether :angry:

Had the car valeted just before Christmas and since then my passenger window opens when I drive over any little bump. I have tried my best to dry the car out and it seemed to make it a lot better. But over the last few days its just opening for fun. Am I going to need a new switch or will it eventually just dry out and behave? 

I think most people will tell you to either get some contact cleaner or simply replace the switch. I have the same issue with my drivers side switch winding down the passenger side whenever theres a bump . I got a new switch and its been fine since 

• Like 1

Personally I'd change switches from one side to the other and see if the problem goes away or even changes sides. That then definitely diagnoses the fault to that switch, if it still plays up on the original side then it's not the switch.

• Like 1

If you need new switches, Skezza is selling quality replacement at a good price.

Edited by Dubster

Just now, Dubster said:

If you need new switches, Skezza is selling quality replacements at a good price.

Eventually got round to taking the switches out and they are water damaged :angry: and I have realised that my interior light isn't working now too! Did a bit of googling and it would appear that this has been affected by the water as well. 

Thanks for you wise words of wisdom guys. 

The green fluff strikes again.

You can probably clean them and they will work, but really these switches are pants.

I put a new one in mine and it is so sensitive as to how well seated the new switch is in the connector housing that often it wont go down, i hot glued it in position to take up the 0.5mm slack required and it was fine for a few days then back to not working again. I'll be investigating alternatives soon me thinks.

2 hours ago, RachB said:

Just got a price from TPS for the switches, bearing in mind that essentially i'll need 3 as they come single units and I have just been quoted £20.45 plus vat :o I nearly fell out of my chair!!

That can't be for 3? 

VW currently charge £25 per switch.

1 hour ago, RachB said:

God no.

£20.45 each switch.

Scandalous tbh and disappointing seeing as they were only about £10-£12 in 2012.

• 2 weeks later...