Seat arosa - first car?

AlphaK3

I know the final decision will ultimately be down to me but any advice or input will be valued to me.

so I'm currently looking around for my first car and I've come across a 2002 seat arosa S with only 38k miles on the clock with one previous owner but it is priced at £1500, so my question is to the forum is that is the car worth that price? Or should I try and get it cheaper(it's from a dealership) as I do plan and maybe next year put some different alloys on it when the insurance companies are feeling a little bit more generous with modifications :/ for people my age.

thanks 

image.jpeg

Lovely bola green, lovely mileage, lovely previous owner very similar to mine but mine had 36k on when I bought it. I paid more but hey. And always always haggle ;) check the rear arches for rust and the roof gutters, check window switches and the doors lock correctly for the anti hijack button inside by the window switches

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mattarosa said:

Lovely bola green, lovely mileage, lovely previous owner very similar to mine but mine had 36k on when I bought it. I paid more but hey. And always always haggle ;) check the rear arches for rust and the roof gutters, check window switches and the doors lock correctly for the anti hijack button inside by the window switches

Great, thank you for the information, I've actually found it pretty hard to find a stock arosa or lupo nowadays so I think I should definitely go for it. 

• 1 year later...

Hi can someone help me, I've just recently passed and bought a arosa 2002, this keeps stalling everytime I drop down gear at the light or any crossing, I know it's all trial and error until you get use to the car, I've kept the revs up to 1200 or just under but it still stalls, am I doing something wrong or is there a fault? Thank you 

Something isnt right there, assuming it is manual does the clutch pedal rest lower than brake pedal? Can you get 1st and reverse easily? Where is the clutch bite point (when the revs drop a bit and car starts to creep) on the pedal, at the bottom, in the  middle or near the top?

Pedal box failure is a common problem on these so may as well look for that. Better to start your own thread really though.