1.4TDi Decat

Dblock

I don't really drive my Arosa much anymore but I got a decatted fitted to it cos why not lol. 

So it's a 1.4TDi, Remapped to "100bhp", panel filter, egr blocked, race pipe and elephant hose mod. 

The fit is so so. I'd pay someone to knock up a custom. I bought it from ebay and the fit isn't the best but it does fit. 

Performance - Well it makes a difference. It doesn't seem to cough and struggle after 3krpm it really pulls hard till 4krpm. Widening the power band on the TDi is the best thing you can do to make it faster IMO and this does that nicely. 

Sound- Well it's a diesel but it sounds actually ok when full throttle on boost. Sounds like half a V6 which I suppose it kind of is. But I thought it would make it more tractory but it doesn't. Result. 

Maintenance- The main reason for me fitting a decat was potential fuel saving and to make the exhaust freer flowing. The freer flowing the exhaust is then potentially there is less back pressure for the turbo. Less forces against the turbo theoretically mean turbo longevity and more performance. 

Fuel- I haven't driven the car often or tank to tank to give an accurate account on fuel consumption but theoretically it will be better but I will measure it.  

• 7 months later...
On 30/12/2015 at 1:53 AM, Dblock said:

I don't really drive my Arosa much anymore but I got a decatted fitted to it cos why not lol. 

So it's a 1.4TDi, Remapped to "100bhp", panel filter, egr blocked, race pipe and elephant hose mod. 

The fit is so so. I'd pay someone to knock up a custom. I bought it from ebay and the fit isn't the best but it does fit. 

Performance - Well it makes a difference. It doesn't seem to cough and struggle after 3krpm it really pulls hard till 4krpm. Widening the power band on the TDi is the best thing you can do to make it faster IMO and this does that nicely. 

Sound- Well it's a diesel but it sounds actually ok when full throttle on boost. Sounds like half a V6 which I suppose it kind of is. But I thought it would make it more tractory but it doesn't. Result. 

Maintenance- The main reason for me fitting a decat was potential fuel saving and to make the exhaust freer flowing. The freer flowing the exhaust is then potentially there is less back pressure for the turbo. Less forces against the turbo theoretically mean turbo longevity and more performance. 

Fuel- I haven't driven the car often or tank to tank to give an accurate account on fuel consumption but theoretically it will be better but I will measure it.  

I know this is an old post but i'm just wondering how you got on with the decat? Any drop in mpg at all?

I'm going to get one made up for mine but not had the time to do it yet? Also what's it like when it comes to the MOT time? I have to swap out my decat to my standard cats on my Golf for the MOT or it fails so so bad.