Lupo GTI 2005 (05) 18,300 Miles - SOLD

Grumpy

I wanted to give anyone on here who is looking for a late registered totally standard Black Lupo GTI, advance notification that I will be putting mine up for sale on Auto Trader in early January. The car was built in February 2005 and first registered in the UK in May 2005 to a VW dealership. They ran it as a demonstrator and sold it to a lady in August 2005 with 1472 miles on the clock. I purchased the car in September 2014 from the lady with the mileage standing at approximately 17,000. The only reason I am selling the car is a change of jobs means I am losing my company car next Easter and I need to purchase something a bit more child friendly as the main family car. Since owning the Lupo I have had the timing belt and water pump replaced. I have also had new discs and pads fiited all round, a new battery, rear shocks and drivers door checkstrap. The car had an inspection service in September this year. The interior is immaculate and has never been smoked in. The original carpet mats are present and are in excellent condition. A set of genuine Lupo rubber mats for winter use will also be included in the sale. The rear spoiler had the common issue of bubbling when I bought the car so this has been professionally stripped and resprayed with a new high level brake light fitted. The alloys were a bit tired due to the car being 9 years old so these have been completely stripped, dipped and colour matched to the original VW specification. At the same time I had 4 brand new Toyo Proxes tyres fitted in the correct size of 205/45/15, together with new genuine VW centre caps and badges. I have also renewed all exterior badges with new genuine VW ones as they were a little tarnished. I have also replaced the wiper arms front and rear together with the wiper blades and the aerial antenna, again with genuine VW parts. I have fitted new number plates made up by my local VW dealership. The car was professionally detailed in May and looks stunning. I will be advertising the car at £7,995. If anyone is interested or requires more details then please ring me on 07496 521488. 17.12.15 Update - the car is now advertised on Auto Trader. I have revised the asking price to £6,990 in order that its competitive with the import GTI's. Thanks for looking.

Edited by Grumpy

5 hours ago, Grumpy said:

If anyone is seriously interested then I can email them pictures. Once the car goes on Auto Trader then it will have pictures with the ad. Cheers.

I'll message you my mobile number and email address.

Thanks

8 hours ago, teefourme said:

I admire your optimism!

On the basis the GTI you are advertising is 2 years older than mine with more than double the mileage then I don't think a £2K price difference between our cars is optimistic. Late registered, incredibly low mileage and low number of owner GTI's are pretty scarce!

Well, I wish you luck, but I can't recall ever seeing a Lupo GTi sell for anywhere near £8k. Mine cost me just under £6k and after fitting new tyres all round and having some minor scratches repaired I guess I spent a total of about £6,500.00. I admit that mine isn't pristine showroom condition and probably wouldn't win any 'Best of Class' or 'Best of Show' awards, but it looks good, hasn't been molested and I drive it daily and I enjoy it. That's what I bought it for.

I agree that late registered, incredibly low mileage and low number of owner GTI's are pretty scarce, but at the end of the day they're still 'old' cars and potential buyer should be prepared to accept that they will have to live with buying a car that is almost certainly going to show some sort of age related marks/problems.  I've walked around my local Sainsburys car park and it's difficult enough to find an 03 plate car, let alone one that's in mint condition.

I'm confident that my GTi is well priced, if it doesn't sell, I won't be too bothered.

Prior to my current GTI, I had a reflex silver 05 plate GTI which had 36K on the clock when I sold it in February 2014 for £7,300. It went within 24 hours of  being advertised. I missed it so much that I bought the black one which I currently have in September 2014. Anyway I wish you the very best with the sale of your car.

• 2 weeks later...