Make the Lupo 1.0 to sound good?! Suggestions

lupo_ro

Hello. 

I bought this mid pipe delete kit and put it on my standard system and it sounds pretty nice with some pops too! i did a back box delete and it was loud a little to much for me but did have a nice sound. yet to take it off after my mid pipe delete but i will do one day.

Here is that pipe http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Lupo-1-4-Perfomance-Exhaust-Race-Tube-Centre-Pipe-Hoffmann-/351597428158?hash=item51dcd6fdbe:g:pG8AAOSwpDdVUNLa 

The sound is complimented by my induction kit

you could also buy a different mid pie or different back box but i would just weld a pipe from where the back box would be. 

James 

Edited by jparkes43

Yes they have a separate listing for the same part for a 1.0.

Here is the race tube and back box combination if you want http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Lupo-1-0-1-4-Sportex-Exhaust-plus-Race-Tube-System-Single-3-/291632112126?hash=item43e6a0e1fe:g:dukAAOSwPhdVUNJw 

Here is a back box delete kit with twin exits http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Lupo-Sportex-Exhaust-Tailpipes-Twin-Jap-3-Cen-Exit-/272067663838?fits=Car+Make%3AVW%7CModel%3ALupo%7CCars+Type%3A1.0&hash=item3f587f17de:m:mF5Pb9GGAOgvwFbIZjENaQQ

plenty of choices for you. i would do the mid pipe and different back box as i feel just the mid pipe is a tad to quiet but a full back box gone is to much 

James

Edited by jparkes43

It's never going to sound like a Group B racer, but if you cut the rear backbox out and install a straight pipe. Drill some holes in the airbox. It'll sound reasonably meaty.....

All show, no go :D

depends if you want nice sound or going for a bit or noise. personally if you want a good sound then do a mid pipe but if you want noise do a back box.

at the end of the day Skezza is right, save money (wish i had) drill the airbox and maybe do the back box delete)

James 

Edited by jparkes43

4 minutes ago, Camrizzle said:

Or buy a cherrybomb rear box for 53 quid on ebay and weld it on then cut the mid box out and weld a peice of pipe in its place. Easy, cheap and sounds tasty

Sounds a dreadful idea.

On 12/11/2015 at 9:55 PM, Skezza said:

Sounds a dreadful idea.

agreed, it doesnt sound very nice but the noise made by the car is actually a nice rumble that isnt stupidly loud. Any exhaust sounds a little chavvy but i found this setup wasnt actually too bad. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Camrizzle said:

agreed, it doesnt sound very nice but the noise made by the car is actually a nice rumble that isnt stupidly loud. Any exhaust sounds a little chavvy but i found this setup wasnt actually too bad. 

But you're effectively adding a massive can on the back. An amplifier. I imagine it thickening up the sound, taking it from a nice throaty roar to a bit of a fart.

By all means, prove me wrong. 

On 12/13/2015 at 10:30 PM, Skezza said:

But you're effectively adding a massive can on the back. An amplifier. I imagine it thickening up the sound, taking it from a nice throaty roar to a bit of a fart.

By all means, prove me wrong. 

I'm not here to argue by any means mate, i can see your point but i guess different people think differently to different sounds. Some cars go past me and i think "Why?" but a friend may think it sounds nice. Personal preference at the end of the day mate. 

11 hours ago, Camrizzle said:

I'm not here to argue by any means mate, i can see your point but i guess different people think differently to different sounds. Some cars go past me and i think "Why?" but a friend may think it sounds nice. Personal preference at the end of the day mate. 

Absolutely ;)