My Matte Green Scene Queen

AndrewDH

Hello all. I've owned my little 1.0 Litre Lupo for just a bit over a year. I thought now is the time to finally give an in depth view of how it is sitting currently and how it got to there. This is gonna be very in depth and may be a bit boring to read or look through but I honestly just want to have a permanent place to look at the progression of my little car for my own satisfaction. If even one person finds it interesting then that's just a bonus!

So here we go. Lets have a quick look at the car when I bought it in October 2014.

PT6ELoO.jpgI was so excited to just be able to drive any car. A lupo is definitely not what came to mind for my first car but it was volkswagen, with nice blue dials! ooooh very fancy I thought.

Now here is how it sits as of around Ocotober 2015. One year later. (Bottom right photo is actually a few months ago, no splitter and some other small things not done to it)

sDMrTes.jpg

Never thought I would still even own this car by now nevermind have it sitting like this. But hey I have grown attached and I'm super excited for where its gonna end up. Lots of stuff still planned for it! Just recently bought a 1600cc 16 valve Polo GTI engine so...yeah

Obvious influences from other members of the lupo community. Club Lupo's Haakon colour choice is probably the most obvious. Don_Larss from instagram totally inspired me to put arches on this thing and there plenty of others Ive stole ideas from. So thanks to all who have helped.

Anyway its 2:00 in the morning so I'll update this another time with the actual progression from start to now. Then I'll hopefully start posting updates to the finish of this thing! 

If any of you have read this thanks!

Nothing wrong with your car, hope my previous post didn't offend you.

I just don't really like how it looks, GTi pulls it better for being naturally wide, on yours it looks like it doesn't belong there. Maybe the photo angle, maybe the pipes are too long, maybe because of the mud flaps?

Edited by Danyutz

At least i've seen how a non-GTi looks with center exhaust - don't like it.

What about the sport? ? Center exhaust looks awesome I think +people think you have a 100bhp lupo

• 1 month later...

Alrighty folks bit of an update here. In the process of throwing in a 1.6 GTI Polo lump into this little thing.

So here is the engine I found, only just over 50,000 miles on it! Its one of the older ARC engines from the polo gti's but  don't think theres much difference in the two from what I know.

zmR1D4B.jpg

Next thing I needed was all the other parts. Decided the handiest way was to get a complete polo gti. Found one on ebay with some serious cosmetic damage. But at only £300 I thought it was a complete steal with a freshly reconditioned gearbox. High mileage on the engine in it but it still runs fine so I guess I'll have a spare engine in case the other one s#!ts the bed!

UsM4607.jpg

Measuring my lupo and polo side by side, Was pretty surprised to see the front ends seemed to be identical. Drove the polo up and down our lane a few times. Seemed to driving fine and the gearbox is so smooth compared to whats in my lupo.

TEPnSMe.jpg

So had to get the high mileage engien out of the polo. Me and my Dad took the complete front axle out too as I'll be using that in the lupo, bigger discs and anti roll bar. Another bonus is the polo came on some coilovers and they are in way better condition than mine with better progressive springs so the plan is to switch the complete axle, hubs and coilovers all in one go.

C0MQwYE.jpg

Rinse and repeat for my car.

pKl4YcW.jpg

Next we started on getting the GTI lump into my car. Looks so good :D Also switched out the puny 1 Litre radiator for the GTI one.WpZJpbP.jpg#

Fits in perfectly once you switch the driver side engine mount for the one off the polo. Next just need to fit the polo front axle onto the lupo and we can get on to the wiring.

0e2aCcV.jpg

Here is my front strut. Its got the same size coil the whole way unlike the polo's. Also they are pretty rusted cos' I cheaped out on coilovers and went for pov brand!

yKADOlZ.jpg

Now the Polo's front strut. As you can see there is one problem... The polo mounts with three bolts instead of just one at the top.

8jDJiW6.jpg

Oh well time to adjust the lupo! BOOM. Fits prefect haha!

6BqZFjn.jpg

That's all we have got done for now. Just got to wire it all up, cross fingers and once we know it works, upgrade the rear axle...need to get rid of those drums ^_^

So yeah I'll keep you all posted!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Couldn't you just have switched the top mounts instead of drilling new holes?

Could have indeed Pete, but the bearings and whole setup on my old struts where absolute gash... Guess that's what I get for buying cheap! 

28 minutes ago, 4Cough said:

Dam this really looks epic!!! It has come a long way.

How di you do the center exhaust? cut away the wheel well?

I really really want some arches like that!!! :cheeky:

There basically just a big chunk cut out of the wheel well, the exhaust just continues from the last box at the side on round to the centre, was just the handiest way to do it at the time. Seen other people suggest cut the whole wheel well out and weld in a shallow one from a gti or sport which would probably be a lot neater and would mean less bends for the exhaust.

Just replied to you about them arches Cough! :D

16 minutes ago, AndrewDH said:

There basically just a big chunk cut out of the wheel well, the exhaust just continues from the last box at the side on round to the centre, was just the handiest way to do it at the time. Seen other people suggest cut the whole wheel well out and weld in a shallow one from a gti or sport which would probably be a lot neater and would mean less bends for the exhaust.

Just replied to you about them arches Cough! :D

What a legend, thank you for the assistance! :D

5 hours ago, Danyutz said:

Curious about the intake. 

K&N typhoon, more for noise at this point but I don't doubt I may get this engine tuned later on.

Theres a video on YouTube of a 6n2 gti driving by with one and it sounds deadly! 

• 3 months later...
On 2/4/2016 at 3:22 PM, Lewiss_Lupo said:

Will we be expecting to see this at any shows? :D

Alright bit of an update! Been to two shows so far on my side of the water after getting some new shoes last minute for Dubshed. Then last weekend was at Lets Stance. Heres some of my favorite photos from both shows. Anyone got any ideas on what shows on the mainland I should head to? No idea what goes on when it comes to shows, so any suggestions would be great!

c4nw9eU.jpg

ZafrsWC.jpg

wWCRxVl.jpg

3boFA6g.jpg

8pVnZsI.jpg

On 26/05/2016 at 5:44 AM, 666DUB said:

Superb !!

And love the wheel nuts, did you have to fit bolt to nut conversion kit to fit them ?.

Cheers man!

Yup did indeed, grayston conversion studs I think where the brand, just used a bit of loctite too to give a bit more piece of mind lol! 

• 5 months later...