Sign in to follow this  
MattyB

Forum Upgrade

Hi All,

At some point this week, we'll be upgrading to newer version of the forum software - this is a complete overhaul to v4, so expect it to look different, and for things to break (I expect).

At this point, I'm not quite sure when I'm going to do it, but I'll put a quick shout-out when it does. Loads of new features, so hopefully you'll find it an improvement :)

Thanks all,

Matt

It looks the same Matty :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry, I should have posted on here as well as on FB!

I broke it :/ So I had to roll back to a backup. I need to learn to RTFM, 'cause I missed a critical pre-req and it all fell down :( Easier to try again rather than bodge/fix it!!

Will try again.

Is it not auto install? Phpbb now uses scripts to update files and make database changes? Are there any major database changes?

It's all scripted, but they've made some major underlying changes, so I need some newer/updated pre-reqs on the server - PHP, MySQL, Apache etc - tried to do them, and they failed :(

I'm guessing they want php5 but I wonder why you need a newer apache or mysql? :/

Anyway does that mean the update is off for the time being?

Latest PHP5.x needs Apache 2.4. Problem is, Apache2.4 changes alot of virtual host settings, so I need to mess about a bit!

I was going to do it Sunday, but my plans for tonight have been cancelled, so I might have a go later on....

Good news - updated all the underlying components, so we're good to go on the actual forum upgrade. No time today, so I'll try for sometime Sunday.

Cracking news Matt. Let me know if you need any help. Sounds as though you've got it down.