New Member - Embarking on a Lupo 1.8 Turbo project

omara04

Hi Guys

My name is Steve and I've decided to embark on a lupo 1.8 20V Turbo project!

I love car projects and have done a few over the years ranging from Land Rover mud pluggers to my latest one - a 700kg kit car with a BMW 328 lump:

11205147_10155473888540398_5469241122824

I now want something light, small, rapid and weatherproof for use in Autotests, 12 cars rallies, and the occasional trackday. Settled on a lupo because it's a great platform for the awesome 20V Turbo engine; and partly because I read Grantmax's awesome build thread on this lively and friendly forum and it inspired me!

So I went out today and bought the donor vehicle - a 1999 with a not-very-aspirated 1.7 diesel

12196040_10156154947905398_2870067576855

I'll probably have a load of newb questions, so appreciate your help in advance!

Look forward to this project.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks! Look forward to contributing and hopefully learning from you guys.

I'm tempted by the rally car / touring car look - stripped out, cage, and some decals? Open to suggestions and looking for ideas at the moment! I'm fortunate enough for it not to require any sort of "sensible" vibe whatsoever; I've got a few daily drivers for all that boring stuff like commuting and going to the shops. So could be as lairy as anything!

I'm planning to take it back to the bare shell and I've got a paint spray gun - just need the inspiration now.

How about a fluorescent yellow, blue or green base? With decals?

Thanks! Look forward to contributing and hopefully learning from you guys.

I'm tempted by the rally car / touring car look - stripped out, cage, and some decals? Open to suggestions and looking for ideas at the moment! I'm fortunate enough for it not to require any sort of "sensible" vibe whatsoever; I've got a few daily drivers for all that boring stuff like commuting and going to the shops. So could be as lairy as anything!

I'm planning to take it back to the bare shell and I've got a paint spray gun - just need the inspiration now.

How about a fluorescent yellow, blue or green base? With decals?

You could always look at the Lupo Cup cars and pinch a few ideas from them if you're looking at going down that street?

• 4 months later...