Why are the archive threads locked?

Sausage

Looking at some of the archive threads they are useful but often missing pictures and incomplete.

I was just reading a guide on cambelt change on lupo 1.0,

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/89324-lupo-cambelt-change-10/

he did a good job but lost interest and rushed the finish so forgot to say the important part of how to tension the belt. I was intending to post how to do that part but cant. So what now i have to repost a new version of the archived thread just to add that part in?

I'm not sure why they ended up in archive maybe it was a forum reboot or move, but it's a bit of a mess like it is.

The archive was meant to be a place where DIY/Guide threads were moved to so they could be more relevant. Replies were locked down originally to stop topics getting de-railed and keep discussions back in the relevant forum.

Also, alot of the topics are old, and many images were self hosted so sometimes don't exist anymore. Originally I creaked a Wiki, to start moving stuff across but keeping it up-to-date was more difficult.

I agree it is a bit of a mess, but was the easiest/most dynamic way of keeping stuff relevant at the time.

Do I....do I hear a volunteer? :D

Well ;) I would happily help run it. I don't think it would take more than an hour or two to port over the old articles. I've always felt the only other good way of doing it would be to maybe categorize them better i.e.

Cosmetic

Electrical

Mechanical

etc.

Well ;) I would happily help run it. I don't think it would take more than an hour or two to port over the old articles. I've always felt the only other good way of doing it would be to maybe categorize them better i.e.

Cosmetic

Electrical

Mechanical

etc.

I second this. I will help where necessary: im a spry young lad with nothing better to do at the weekends so i have plenty of spare time ;)