Lupo door stay broken - help

dommatthews

The door stay? I'm guessing you mean the check strap.

No, it won't be an MOT failure, but you'll start getting annoyed eventually. I've heard of a few people having the welding snap. Just get it welded again mate.

I removed the bolt because the noise was driving me insane, it was a constant load bang and the thing on the left would make the noise. Does it need re wedding back on because I stil have the bolt

Are you sure it needs welding and not just the typical check strap banging noise? Which part needs welding? I can't see anything that needs welding there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

how do you keep the bit which is on the inside of the door pillar from jumping when the door opens?  When i open the door there is a banging noise as the door opens and you can see the bracket 'jumping'.  I guess i need to take the trim off in the footwell by the accelerator and get to the other side of the bracket to see why it is not held solid.  

Any help gratefully received!

21 minutes ago, Davedex said:

how do you keep the bit which is on the inside of the door pillar from jumping when the door opens?  When i open the door there is a banging noise as the door opens and you can see the bracket 'jumping'.  I guess i need to take the trim off in the footwell by the accelerator and get to the other side of the bracket to see why it is not held solid.  

Any help gratefully received!

You can't see anything from the inside.

I had the bracket welded in the end. Works fine now.

Thanks, that has saved me taking it apart, is that t possible to get welded back in place with paint all over the bracket and pillar as I thought that to weld you had to have bare metal?

Thanks for that, it is good to see that it can be welded like that so might see if I can find someone to do mine. Obviously I guess the weld is stronger enough to hold it in places whenever the door opens and there are no signs of the weld breaking