Loopy the 1.4

myles983

im stuck between cleaning gear or saving for a while longer for some new wheels... Dare dr-rs to be exact... would need to ring up insurance about them though cause im still on learner insurance! :ouch:

im stuck between cleaning gear or saving for a while longer for some new wheels... Dare dr-rs to be exact... would need to ring up insurance about them though cause im still on learner insurance! :ouch:

Id say the cleaning gear. Youll have a mare of a time with insurance and wheels at this age

Id say the cleaning gear. Youll have a mare of a time with insurance and wheels at this age

yeah i suppose! do you know if insurance companys do anything about wheels?...steering wheels this time! ;)

yeah i suppose! do you know if insurance companys do anything about wheels?...steering wheels this time! ;)

not sure about steering wheels if im honest. I dont plan on changing mine at all i dont think, so ive never looked into it.

I dont think many people bother changing wheels really! just thought it might add a bit of colour in my little Loop! :)

I dont think many people bother changing wheels really! just thought it might add a bit of colour in my little Loop! :)

where i live, im thinking of possibly putting a Raid Steering wheel in. Added security!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a small update:

- Coilovers are sat in my room waiting to be fitted. Due to be done this weekend.

- Wind deflectors are on the way.

- Smoking of headlights will be done soon.

- Pressed plates at the end of the month.

Will update as i go along.

Myles.

So!

Coilovers are fitted. They're currently set at 7 and 1/2 inches up from the bottom of the thread.

Fitted new centre caps too.

Debaged the boot lid.

And finally fitted my wind deflectors.

Now, the coilovers are perfect, however, when I apply full lock when turning, there's a clunk. And then there's a clunk when I straighten out again. I will upload pictures of how she's sat shortly, but has anyone had this issue before? It seems to exclusively be the passenger side, although it has happened on the drivers side a few times. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Edited by myles983

rear done first...

DSC_1393_zps09qjoq0c.jpg

got halfway through the debadging and dad wanted to start on the fronts ....

DSC_1395_zpsqrmygzdm.jpg

DSC_1394_zps1ouhusit.jpg

We wound them down to the bottom of the strut first:

DSC_1396_zpswlpycxej.jpg

And then wound them both up to an equal, satisfactory height :tongueout:

DSC_1398_zpsitjh224t.jpg

Debadged rear:

DSC_1401_zpscdgdtnvy.jpg

Dad pulled out some cutting paste, and started working that into the space where the badges were sat because the paint underneath was darker. It made the paint look more even, but its still visible up close:

DSC_1404_zpsdiaiqdcl.jpg

Wind Deflectors on!:

DSC_1405_zpsujpuilqw.jpg

and then beauty and the beast sat side by side :clap:

DSC_1406_zps3wf0gink.jpg

This is my favourite picture however....

DSC_1397_zpshwbkznib.jpg

For now, this is all i shall do to her for a while. But now the pictures are up, if anyone has any suggestions as to the clunking noise, I'd very much like to hear them. Thanks for reading. :wave:

Myles

• Like 1

NEEDS... TO BE... CLEAN! :paperbag:

But its looking good so far, looks like a perfect height! :)

Hope you get the noise sorted out!

If you're going full LED, get some white blue reversing lights. I think I've linked the ones I've got in mine. They're great and have been going for 2-3 years now.

If you're going full LED, get some white blue reversing lights. I think I've linked the ones I've got in mine. They're great and have been going for 2-3 years now.

where/ what is this link please? :)

• Like 1

I was considering it to be honest. I think I saw yours in your build thread, and I loved the look of them.

I agree, i like to get it dirty so i have an excuse to clean it! :shades:

now you're talking :tongueout:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X1156-P21W-120-LED-3528-SMD-White-Car-Turn-Signal-Tail-Light-SQ-/181521425280?hash=item2a43852380

These are the ones I have fitted. Bargain if he's genuinely selling two for that price. I paid about a fiver for two.

Excellent light output and look pretty smart as well :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X1156-P21W-120-LED-3528-SMD-White-Car-Turn-Signal-Tail-Light-SQ-/181521425280?hash=item2a43852380

These are the ones I have fitted. Bargain if he's genuinely selling two for that price. I paid about a fiver for two.

Excellent light output and look pretty smart as well :)

They're on the way :thumbup:

Just a point, you have to work them in a bit. They're bigger than a normal bulb so catch the hole, so you have to do a bit of gymnastics with the plastic back cover, but they go in. Just feed them through the plastic, then back into the socket.

One of the better buys I've made though. Don't seem keen to pack up any time soon and as I say, 3 years old or so.

Just a point, you have to work them in a bit. They're bigger than a normal bulb so catch the hole, so you have to do a bit of gymnastics with the plastic back cover, but they go in. Just feed them through the plastic, then back into the socket.

One of the better buys I've made though. Don't seem keen to pack up any time soon and as I say, 3 years old or so.

ok, thanks. Pictures will come up when I've sorted a few other things out, priority being the clunking on full lock :angry2: