Loopy the 1.4

myles983

So the square thing with the raspberry on it is a 3.5' touchscreen.

The square thing with the fan in is a Raspberry Pi.Ā 

Theyre essentially mini computers, but are so versatile you can do anything with them. The only limit is your ability. Theyre quite cheap too. This Pi im going to use as a sort of control centre for various things in Loopy. One thing i have planned already is to use it for a continuous diagnostic tool, essentially a built in OBD2 reader. I just need to code the programme to work with a 3.5' touchscreen.Ā 

I just want a real time readout of EVERYTHING going on with Loopy, and to be able to log fault codes, set alarms for when a fault code appears, etc.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

13 minutes ago, mattarosa said:

very clever, I just plug a cheap obd2 reader in and leave it sat there lol

Yeah, i tried that but i dont like not having a coin trayĀ :lol: the plan is eventually to wire it into the socket so i dont have a need for the bluetooth adapterĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

The EPC light came on, and limp mode kicked in. Couldnt accelerateĀ higher than 2000 RPM. Had done less than ten miles :lol:Ā The AA got called out, and the codes read out were to do with the lambda, Throttle Valve (another term for throttle body?) and the MAF sensor. He cleared these, just to see if it would get the car back to normal. She started normally and without the EPC light , and he said to drive a short distance and then back to him and see which codes came back when he scanned it again. Did the little loop, and then came back. Scanned again and it revealed that only the lambda and the throttle valve codes had come back, but no EPC light or limp mode. So we took a look at the lambda cable and it turns out the blue cable had come loose in the back of the plug. Pushed that back in, cleared the codes, and then did the lap again. Scanned again and the codesĀ for the lambda had gone, just the throttle valve one left. So i drove it back to the garage, without any issues, and left it there. Hes going to re-calibrate and reset the throttle body, and then im going to pick it up tomorrow. If it does more than 10 miles, it should be good!Ā ^_^

Edited by myles983
Im tired.

Yeah, its to do with the Throttle Body Alignment. But if hes just aligned it, shouldn't the code disappear? He said he took her for a drive after he aligned it and the code came back. It cant be the throttle body itself thats faulty because its brand new. Could it be a wiring issue ?Ā 

Ā 

The process for re alignment is on the Ross Tech wiki, and its a matter of clicking buttons on vagcom from the looks of it. How difficult is it to get to the bulk of the wiring loom from inside the car ? By process of elimination, it must be some sort of connection issue....

Ive just drove it home from the mechanics, and it runs beautifully. Ā Little more punch too on acceleration. The drive back home is less than 2 miles, so when the traffic is quieter later on, ill take her for a longer drive. If it puts itself in limp mode again, then at least the traffic wont be as heavy or aggressive as yesterdayĀ :lol:

Edited by myles983
Still very tired...

So after 25 miles of mixed driving, so no issues touch wood *touches head*. Feels a bit more happy than before too, which im not complaining about. Going to keep an eye on it for a couple of weeks. Shes definitely getting cleaned tomorrow though.Ā 

So driving to work on the darker and colder mornings, i always make sure the car is warmed up before i start driving. It used to take about 15 minutes to get up to temp (sat halfway in the temp gauge, which i think is 90?)

Today, the gauge was still sat at the bottom after being left alone for 25 minutes. I've done some research, and it seems likely to be the CTS or the Thermostat. In which case, where are these located? When I find out where they are, I can go about changing them myself, as from what I've read, it doesnt seem too difficult of a task.Ā 

Thanks in advance.Ā