Loopy the 1.4

myles983

So since it's my 18th today, i thought now would be a good time to introduce Loopy (Very original name, i know... :clap: )

I bought a soft blue 1.4 Lupo for my first car, and i just wanted to start my build thread as i have a lot of plans for it.

First off, this is her:

(sorry for the bad quality images. A better camera is in the works)

DSC_1068_zpsuotmntao.jpg

DSC_1065_zpsuximswm4.jpg

I've started off with little things whilst I'm still getting used to the car:

DSC_1085_zpsxckxsc0u.jpg

DSC_1087_zps9qu8el5l.jpg

DSC_1088_zps97imxkcc.jpg

DSC_1089_zps2ay6nfpp.jpg

(The nasty looking plates are going...the DVLA spelt my name completely wrong on my ownership documents, so i have to wait for them to come back correct so i can get some nice pressed ones :rant: )

My dad is a big inspiration to me, and is just as excited for me to get my car as i am. He came to me and said "so when are you getting your coilovers so we can fit them?" :shifty:

Seeing as I've paid for everything off my own back so far, he helped me out with a few things:

DSC_1140_zpshe2kx6hv.jpg

DSC_1039_zps0oy1u9qz.jpg

Pioneer stereo and pre-amped sub. I owe him a pint or two :tongueout:

So far, I've gone as far as Wednesbury in her, and i have plans to travel to manchester too.

I'm also really into bmx, so im very pleased that the seats fold down :thumbup:

Plateless_zpsi6gkx1nd.jpg

I purchased a HID Kit, and also new brake pads when it went through its MOT and they came up on the advisory along with a nearly bald tyre, of which caused me to replace all four.

DSC_1242_zpsoxgde0nv.jpg

Its crazy how much of a difference there is in the brightness and clarity.

DSC_1243_zpssv1sfvvo.jpg

I got some free LED sidelights in with the kit as a gift, and so fit them too:

DSC_1249_zpsdxtis2si.jpg

I have a few other things planned, but for now im happy with her and will be holding off on anything else for a little while. Some smaller updates will no doubt come through soon, but nothing major.

Thanks for reading.

Mylo

:wave:

Edited by myles983

Hello and welcome! :) i also recently got a Lupo for my birthday (25th of august) in soft blue! :D this looks exciting and im already liking the small mods you have done with the lighting! :clap:

Thanks! Ive been lurking on the forum for a while now, just taking a few notes here and there :shades:

Oh i see! only just noticed your bmx in the back as i was scrolling down just now! im also into BMX haha! atleast i know i can fit one in if i dont end up buying roof bars! :tongueout:

may i ask, what bulbs have you used for the interior light? and where from?

Yeah, its a bit of a squeeze but you find the method after a while. i still may get roof bars however.

As for the interior bulb, i purchased it from here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XENON-WHITE-CANBUS-3-SMD-LED-INTERIOR-BULB-VW-LUPO-JETTA-VENTO-/301544927516?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item46357a711c

You get three in a pack, so you've got spares too :)

Hello. Awesome little lupo there! i am inspired by your little mods for myself! keep it up and i'm looking forward to seeing more. also what HID kit did you get??

James

p.s (what headunit is that? because i'm looking for a new one that has an aux port)

Edited by jparkes43

Hello. Awesome little lupo there! i am inspired by your little mods for myself! keep it up and i'm looking forward to seeing more. also what HID kit did you get??

James

p.s (what headunit is that? because i'm looking for a new one that has an aux port)

Thanks bud:

The HID kit is a 6K, Bi-Xenon 35W kit. Didn't want the 5K as they seem way too white, but i didn't want the 8K kit as they're too blue, and i imagine I'd have issues with police.

As for the head unit, its a Pioneer DEH series. Im not sure of the specific type, but its got the MIXTRAX function with it. If you google it, im sure you'll find it. Ill get the specific model number for you later though.

One thing to mention though: if you're gonna fit an aftermarket stereo, youll need a wiring harness and aerial adaptor, as explained by Skezza on one of the forum threads. Ill find the thread for you when im home from work.

Myles.

no problem.

ok thanks very much i will have a look at them later on.

oh thanks i will have a look but if you could find out that would be grand but don't worry about it to much.

ok i didn't think about that but thanks

james

I purchased my kit from HIDS4U. Pretty much plug in and play. The other stuff i will get for you later.

• Like 1

I purchased my kit from HIDS4U. Pretty much plug in and play. The other stuff i will get for you later.

thanks so much!!

james

Following on from earlier:

DSC_1312_zpsyrrumg5o.jpg

The head unit is a Pioneer DEH-X3500UI. I've just googled it and it doesn't seem too expensive, and has a lot of decent settings for such a price. I've read a lot of reviews on it that are mostly positive. I dont see a downside to it at all, but thats just me.

As for the thread with the wiring harness and aerial adapter:

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/96167-replacing-standard-radio-with-aftermarket/

It's found above. Hope this helps.

Mylo.

So i have decided to treat Her to something else...

DSC_1319_zps4dzfj4gz.jpg

And theres some more things coming up after next week.

Mylo

Edit: what wax is recommended by anyone? thats the only thing this pack came without

Edited by myles983
  • Like 1

thanks! been looking on the autoglym website for it and i found its cheaper on their site! http://www.autoglym.com/products/products/the-collection-perfect-bodywork-wheels-and-interiors

If i may ask, what kit is this? looks like you get quite a bit! :thumbsup:

Sorry for such a slow reply!

Its the standard kit, however, i got it a lot cheaper than the site price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351074897754?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Alright so:

I put the kit to use today. Im impressed with the results.

First off, how she looked before hand:

DSC_1331_zpsm3lmvg0x.jpg

DSC_1332_zpsqnwzjcyg.jpg

DSC_1333_zps1qpt8gud.jpg

DSC_1334_zpsd6dzqpnn.jpg

DSC_1334_zpsd6dzqpnn.jpg

DSC_1336_zpsuaj2sbx1.jpg

DSC_1337_zpsxzwyf8cf.jpg

(Excuse the curbing on the wheels... That was done by the previous owner... :rant: )

I started with just a wash using the shampoo. It didnt foam much, and i was told by a friend that it doesnt, however it cut through all the dirt and crap extremely well.

To show how little it foams:

DSC_1338_zpsuzpqqzuw.jpg

This was just after id finished washing the roof, and there are no suds visible on the car whatsoever. It looks like clear water on the windscreen.

I then used the chamois cloth, and was pleased with the result. The lack of suds made it a little easier to rinse off.

I moved on to cleaning the glass. I did take some pictures of this, but it was difficult to see the difference it made in the pictures, so just take my word for it in that it made a huge difference. :yes:

This is how she looked after washing, gloss protection, and cleaning the glass.

DSC_1344_zpssobyo2rp.jpg

DSC_1345_zps2nbjfyr9.jpg

DSC_1345_zps2nbjfyr9.jpg

The Super Resin Polish worked really quite well on scratches. its applied after the gloss protection to seal it. I let it dry for 5 minutes before taking the picture, just to be sure it wasnt the fact that it was freshly done that was having the effect.

Before:

DSC_1347_zpsdws5g8px.jpg

After:

DSC_1348_zps3iobpgyr.jpg

I worked my way around the car, applying a thin layer of this Resin Polish to the entire body.

Then i set about cleaning the wheels.

There is a separate set of bottles for the wheels;

Wheel Cleaner

Wheel protect

and Tyre Dressing.

I sprayed the wheel cleaner on:

DSC_1349_zpsbfq5v14z.jpg

Waited a little before rinsing with cold water, and then sprayed a layer of wheel protect on.

DSC_1351_zpsd99lyutt.jpg

The tyre dressing went on a little after this, as you have to let the protect dry, but i didnt get any pictures as i stared the interior clean before i could take pictures.

The interior has two solutions:

Vinyl and Rubber Care

Interior Shampoo.

They do exaclty as they say on the tin, and with impressive results.

DSC_1354_zpsj1dkl8fl.jpg

DSC_1355_zpsrxfhaebm.jpg

It is time for new floor mats, however this was the drivers side mat before and after cleaning. It dealt with the stains on it in no time: I literally sprayed it on after hoovering, and then wiped with a slightly wet microfibre cloth. It came straight off and smelt pleasant too.

DSC_1357_zpsslkqs5ol.jpg

I then cleaned the entire interior fabrics with the shampoo, and the plastics and seals with the vinyl and rubber care.

DSC_1358_zpsvorjgjav.jpg

DSC_1359_zpsbvmdw3u7.jpg

DSC_1360_zps5pqhfexm.jpg

There isnt much to compare to with the interior as it was clean anyway, but it looks and smells fresher which is great.

This is how she looks now (i need to find a correct sized centre cap, but the ones i bought were too small :rant: ):

DSC_1361_zpswxmwb3to.jpg

Overall, id say the kit was worth it, however i have nothing to compare it to as of yet. Im sure those of you who are looking at this and considering buying it could find out how it compares to the likes of snowfoam or other things simply by asking in general and waiting for someone who has used both to come back with a reply.

Thanks for reading.

More updates soon.

Myles :wave:

• Like 2

Looks like a pretty cool piece of kit! i was thining of buying a machine polisher to help remove some swirl marks and that! think i have a lot of saving money to do!

Looks like a pretty cool piece of kit! i was thining of buying a machine polisher to help remove some swirl marks and that! think i have a lot of saving money to do!

would definitely be a good idea. itll be my next purchase i think.