Lupo GTI rear wheel alignment

If you want to check the alignment just get a large 90 degree cardboard box and hold it against it, step back and compare sides.

as for the noise, it is probably the bearings.

Far easier if the car has drums.

I've replaced the rear bearing with a genuine part as I swore this is what the noise was to no avail. The tyre on this particular wheel is a year older than the rest but not much less worn hense me wondering whether it would be an alignment issue?

Is it possible you over-tightened the bearing? I did this once on a MK3 Polo and it only lasted 6 months.

PS Sorry just re-rad and the noise was there before you changed the bearing too.

I had a noisy rear bearing on a previous mondeo estate, bought the new bearing and went to fit it, quite miffed that the previous new bearing i'd fitted only lasted 4000 miles.

It wasnt the bearing it was the brake pads. The linings had both separated from the metal backing and were buzzing in the calliper. They worked, but made an exact mimic of a worn bearing sound as they vibrated, which disappeared when the brakes were pressed.

That above is quite a common problem on modern cars, my gti does it as does my dad's scirocco. We get complaints at work all the time of bearing - like droning noises and it's 99% of the time a feathering tyre.