Gti clocks in 2000 tdi help

I've got the clocks in and the car turns on and the revs go up

There is however a few warning lights on the dials that don't shift

Can I clear these through vcds or equivalent scanner.

How can I get the milage corrected from the 100k to my 160k milage. Would love this all to be functional as I would like the mpg meter to work

Currently got the chrome covers sat over my old clocks

Edited by Keelan

Seems unlikely that it will work in that way, you're assuming that the gti dash display is identical to the TDI one which is not likely.

If you have warning lights then they are on because a signal from the ECU tells them to be on, it seems to me that the diesel and GTi ECU's are not identical either.

The best case is that all the signals from the ECUs are the same just not on the same output pins in which case a cross over adapter fron the cars wiring to the dash will enable it to work. Easy way forward is to check the pin outs on both ECU's pin out's should be on-line or in ElasWin

What warning lights?

The handbrake light was flashing the abs light was on (mine has not got abs) and there wwre two more. I'll get a picture tomorrow :)

Mpg meter?

Not sure what the extra digital screen is if it's not the clock. I just ass-u-me(d) that's what they'd put in place haha.

The best case is that all the signals from the ECUs are the same just not on the same output pins in which case a cross over adapter fron the cars wiring to the dash will enable it to work. Easy way forward is to check the pin outs on both ECU's pin out's should be on-line or in ElasWin

I will try and have a look to see what pins match where. I do not have direct access to elsa win or equivalent so will have to see if I can find something online

Thank you all for your help so far. I'll try and get a picture tomorrow for your perusal

Keelan

Ahh the extra screen is for the outside temperature! Which I guess you'd need to buy a sensor for to make work haha, its something I really like having but I'd probably prefer an mpg meter!

It just makes sense that that would be the case! Wonder if there is anyway it could be changed -_-

You sure your TDI doesn't have ABS?

100%. There isn't the abs unit or the wiring for the sensors, does have sensors now as I changed for gti brakes (originally bought for SDI) Edited by Keelan