Lupo 3l stronger clutch

gr33nlemon

Hello,

I need some suggestions for an uprated clutch, the car now develops 123hp and 240Nm with further power increases in mind.

I'm open to any swaps from other cars, even if I have to machine the flywheel but I don't want to machine to much the gearbox housing.

And from what car does the hydraulic clutch actuator fits? The cable one has a long travel and is very hard to press in combination with this gearbox.

Thanks a bunch! :D

It is already converted to manual :D, that was the first step :). The advantage of doing this is that you change faster and better than the old hydraulics can, plus the old hydraulic clutch actuator only released the clutch 90-95%.

Edited by gr33nlemon

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I need some suggestions for an uprated clutch, the car now develops 123hp and 240Nm with further power increases in mind.

I'm open to any swaps from other cars, even if I have to machine the flywheel but I don't want to machine to much the gearbox housing.

And from what car does the hydraulic clutch actuator fits? The cable one has a long travel and is very hard to press in combination with this gearbox.

If you have the original gearbox, I would start saving for frequent replacements!

RAB

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am intersted in this too, as I have almost completed a manual conversion. I was also trying to figure out some way of using a hydraulic clutch, but I am going to continue with the cable for now.

What turbo and injectors did you use? I have a GT1749V and ARLs for mine.

How many gearbox rebuilds have you had RAB? I've had to do 2 in about 300k km with original/stock torque.

None, still on the original clutch (213k km). I was more concerned with the power he's putting through it.

RAB

That´is good going. I have had a broken selector fork, then a stripped 5th gear, which seemed strange to me for a gearbox that always gets perfect shifts.

I changed the clutch the first time which was at around 200k km, as I had already ordered it before taking the gearbox out, but the original was in very good shape. So for the second gearbox fix I did not worry, and again the clutch hardly showed any signs of wear.

Another advantage of using a manual shift is the ability to use an alternative gearbox to the stock 3L, although I would be reluctant to lose the weight advantages of the orginal gearbox. It is not cheap to rebuild though, the last one cost me well in excess of £1k. The 5th gears alone were about £600.