Is The Forum Hacked?

T3LLIOTT

As the title suggests really. Every time I try and get on to the forums website from a mobile (iPhone), it sends me to a spammy website which automatically takes me the app store to purchase something. By the time I'm on the app store I've already exited the app (for obvious reasons) so I'm not sure where it's trying to take me to.

Anyone having a similar problem or know about this?!

Desktop works fine btw.

hi, tried to log on at about 21:40 via ios 8 on a ipad mini2, kept getting redirected to wards app store and some other less desirable web sites. was working grand around 16:00 this afternoon as I had read this posting, now I'm getting spammed at every turn.

So I've fixed the problem - again - not sure how these goons keep getting access to the template files.

Everything is reset, unfortunately it's broken the IP.Mobile skin. So if you use that, you'll get a HTTP/500 error, or a blank screen until I can get support to fix it. Standard skin should work fine.

Yep :/ Removed it again.

I have no idea how they're getting in. All passwords are changed, code is removed, ran all recommendations from Invision.

My only idea now is to update to IPBv4, the newest software in the hope this remove whatever "bypass" they're using to get in.

I just got that exact page when clicking 'View New Content" (desktop site, Chrome). The page loaded normally the second time.

Edited by jon_273

I know how they're getting in - I was being stupid and overlooked the obvious. Interestingly, it's not a script. Someone is, on a daily basis, getting in (or attempting to) and changing details.

However, at this point, I can't see anything to suggest it's still happening. Mine loads ok - is it just on your phone, or on the desktop?

I can't get on with my phone buddy, just get a blank page...

Same for me. Pain in the arse, I don't tend to go on CL very often on my laptop!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...