Frustrating air bag light

RyanMabey

Hi,

My air bag light randomly came on the other day and when I had it plugged in it says something about a wrong module. The garage reckons it's because I changed the seats but my old seats wasn't equipped with airbags so I know it defiantly isn't that. Any insight on what it can be ?

They're wrong. No Lupo's had airbag seats.

What you really need is to **** the garage off, buy your own cheap VAGCOM and do it yourself. However, I'd bet there's a dirty connection either on the module or your horn airbag.

• Like 1

I don't think it does. I don't even think it has curtain side airbags. It'll have two front dash air bags.

I've not come across Lupo or Arosa with extra airbags, other than the one that VW used in the Euro NCAP which proved that IF the Lupo had been built with extra airbags, it'd have been a 5 out of 5 instead of 4 out of 5. Still, I'm happy to be proved wrong. A Lupo/Arosa with more airbags would be quite desirable I imagine.

they are blue/black recaro type seats, they match the rest of the interior so I'd say they were a factory fit.

Ahh. Blue recaro's. Then I'm going to take a punt and say someone found a set from a Golf with the same interior as your Arosa and fitted them. Recaro's were never an option in Lupo's or Arosa's.

I suppose the best way to find out is to get your head underneath and see if you can spot the connector. It's a big block connector. Don't for gods sake unplug it, IF it's plugged in, however I'm tempted to say that it's probably just cable tied to the bottom of the chassis seat.

They're wrong. No Lupo's had airbag seats.

What you really need is to **** the garage off, buy your own cheap VAGCOM and do it yourself. However, I'd bet there's a dirty connection either on the module or your horn airbag.

Seat airbags were an option on GTI's, not sure on other models. Luke (Diamondblack) had seat airbags in his GTI.

Seat airbags were an option on GTI's, not sure on other models. Luke (Diamondblack) had seat airbags in his GTI.

Learn something everyday!