Newbie with a stereo question - please help

HI,

I have just got a 2000 Lupo 1.0 as my first car and it comes with the standard tape headunit. I managed to get hold of a RCD 200 from a VW T5

I didn't realise that the didn't have the same connections - I bought an Vauxhall to ISO to Quadlock lead that fits into the double DIN unit as its the only lead I could find the converted iso to quadlock, but unfortunately it isn't powering up. I appreciate it was a long shot, but hoping just one of the wires is the wrong way round

Just wondered if anyone could share any advice please?

thanks

Yes, there are two wires to switch over.

Red and Yellow ring a bell; live and permanent feed I think.

...because you don't have CANBUS, unless you have an adaptor\converter, it will go to sleep every 59minutes.

Thanks for the reply - I saw this in the how to thread.

I have plenty of red wires on the original lupo wiring - but only have on yellow wire coming out of the new harness if that makes sense ?

Does anyone know what colour I should be looking for on the new lead - is it just the yellow wire needs to go to a red wire on the old wiring ? - sorry as you can see im out of my depth