Jump to content
Blue Loop

Anthracite GTi

Recommended Posts

:lol: :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2016 at 3:28 PM, mattarosa said:

I do love Starlite wheels, one of the best oem options, the bbs will look lovely though.

I'm itching to get the BBS's on. Annoyingly it's the first thing I bought after buying the Lupo 1.5 years ago and they're still not on... Gotta love living far away from home :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, mscherryviolet said:

Gorgeous wheels 👌🏻

Thanks :)

2 hours ago, mattarosa said:

The starlites or the bbs? the starlites are pig to get a correct tyre size for!

I'm using 185/55/14. All is well!

 

I'll add just a couple other pictures, seeing as you liked the new winter wheels

31411101105_679104f749_o.jpg

31375351676_9f762e339f_o.jpg

Edited by Blue Loop
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good. I wish I'd put mine on now.

 

😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2017 at 10:51 PM, callmerik said:

Looks amazing!.. Love the rims :wub:

Thanks :)

When are you showing us your grey Lupo?

On 10/1/2017 at 10:49 AM, jon_273 said:

Snap

I bet you're not the only one who took a picture of both our cars together :lol:

On 10/1/2017 at 2:27 PM, Silver! said:

Looks good. I wish I'd put mine on now.

 

😢

Do you also have a brand new set of starlites in the attic? :lol:

Edited by Blue Loop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those starlites look 100x better on the Lupo than I could have ever imagined!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blue Loop said:

 

Do you also have a brand new set of starlites in the attic? :lol:

I did. Brand new set of 5 never seen the road. Bought them for the Arosa, but so.d it before I fitted them.

Couldn't justify spending the money on the rubber just for an "out of interest fit".

if I still had them now I would put winter tyres on, but alas I sold them on.

😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2017 at 7:22 PM, Blue Loop said:

Thanks :)

When are you showing us your grey Lupo?

I bet you're not the only one who took a picture of both our cars together :lol:

Do you also have a brand new set of starlites in the attic? :lol:

Will do so very soon!  I only picked mine up a couple of weeks ago... Still want to properly clean it before sharing it on here :D 

From what I can tell though our cars are basically twins! :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2017 at 11:06 PM, micp said:

Those starlites look 100x better on the Lupo than I could have ever imagined!

Thanks! :)

On 12/1/2017 at 0:08 AM, Silver! said:

I did. Brand new set of 5 never seen the road. Bought them for the Arosa, but so.d it before I fitted them.

Couldn't justify spending the money on the rubber just for an "out of interest fit".

if I still had them now I would put winter tyres on, but alas I sold them on.

😢

I'm surprised you don't use winter tyres where you live... You must have quite a bit of snow and ice this time of the year!

On 14/1/2017 at 2:14 PM, callmerik said:

Will do so very soon!  I only picked mine up a couple of weeks ago... Still want to properly clean it before sharing it on here :D 

From what I can tell though our cars are basically twins! :rolleyes:

So yours is also lacking a sunroof? Good, it won't make me jealous then :lol:

Showing the process is also interesting... just an idea ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Blue Loop said:

I'm surprised you don't use winter tyres where you live... You must have quite a bit of snow and ice this time of the year!

 

I have a set of winter wheels and tyres on the Dune, but to be honest, the Lupo tends to stay put when theres snow and as for ice, well I just go sideways...

 

:lol::lol::roflmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should update this more often, it's been nearly 6 months since last time :lol:

The 15th of May marked the 2nd year of ownership of the car, and I sometimes wonder why I didn't buy one of these earlier... So far and since my last update, the car has had a very small service, new spark plugs and cleaning of the leads alongside a new air filter. I'm waiting to do the oil service, having already bough the filter and the oil.

After having to jumpstart the car a couple of times, it turned out the old battery was dead. I tried doing a whole charging cycle on it which didn't work at all, so in the end I had to buy a new battery :rolleyes:.

As for changes, I bought and installed a Gamma radio as the plan is to fit 8 speakers this summer. And yes, I know these were standard in the UK :P

And now a couple pictures of a little drive I did this morning:

34951458622_122cf1b1e5_o.jpg

34951328582_2a12036fee_o.jpg

34985140991_528484bd36_o.jpg

35115923025_7d49691209_o.jpg

34951292382_d03f89eb30_o.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2017 at 7:50 PM, Blue Loop said:

I should update this more often, it's been nearly 6 months since last time :lol:

The 15th of May marked the 2nd year of ownership of the car, and I sometimes wonder why I didn't buy one of these earlier... So far and since my last update, the car has had a very small service, new spark plugs and cleaning of the leads alongside a new air filter. I'm waiting to do the oil service, having already bough the filter and the oil.

After having to jumpstart the car a couple of times, it turned out the old battery was dead. I tried doing a whole charging cycle on it which didn't work at all, so in the end I had to buy a new battery :rolleyes:.

As for changes, I bought and installed a Gamma radio as the plan is to fit 8 speakers this summer. And yes, I know these were standard in the UK :P

And now a couple pictures of a little drive I did this morning:

34951458622_122cf1b1e5_o.jpg

34951328582_2a12036fee_o.jpg

34985140991_528484bd36_o.jpg

35115923025_7d49691209_o.jpg

34951292382_d03f89eb30_o.jpg

 Looking good as always! :wub:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/06/2017 at 6:50 PM, Blue Loop said:

I sometimes wonder why I didn't buy one of these earlier.

 

 

No comment

Lovely car in safe hands

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/6/2017 at 5:08 PM, callmerik said:

 Looking good as always! :wub:

On 31/7/2017 at 0:09 PM, twisty b-road said:

 

No comment

Lovely car in safe hands

Thanks guys!

Time for an update... A big service has been done, as well as a polish to keep it shiny... and more importantly, the BBS wheels are on! I thought I might as well show it off along the SDi, which is also on BBS wheels :lol:

35547315883_5ef5cd3b3f_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so rapey.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Approaching perfection. In fact I can't really think of a way to improve it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2017 at 10:08 PM, Rich said:

so rapey.

You love it.

On 9/8/2017 at 11:21 PM, jon_273 said:

Approaching perfection. In fact I can't really think of a way to improve it!

Apart from a sunroof (have I ever mentioned that before? :rolleyes:) it's exactly as I would have bought it had I had the money when they were on sale.

Safe to say I'm well chuffed of the way the car looks right now. Not much left to do to it now apart from enjoying and taking care of it. Speaking of which, I gave it a clean today and took some pictures so Rich can enjoy how rapey it is.

36403922201_7cf14877ee_o.jpg

35706695584_991e71270a_o.jpg

36403921551_2418778879_o.jpg

36403920601_2a230811bf_o.jpg

36403921161_341a677a75_o.jpg

36373319162_a9e420fcb9_o.jpg

35706693334_6b598d6636_o.jpg

There :)

Edited by Blue Loop
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looking good!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, glad you like it :)

I'm pretty happy with the way the GTi is looking at the moment. I did toy with the idea of fitting a stubby mirror, but I'd rather leave it as original as possible ;)

Might give the brake calipers a lick of paint when the winter wheels go on...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×