Jump to content
Blue Loop

Anthracite GTi

Recommended Posts

On 02/10/2016 at 10:03 PM, Skajme said:

Look's about as low as I have mine, does look good! You thought about some spacers for the rear wheels? I have 20mm's on mine and it stops the wheels hiding in the arches nicely :) I really want a Anthracite GTI though now seeing this one!

I had 20mm on mine, but it rubbed at times, so traded down for 17mm no rubbing and what's 3mm between friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2016 at 11:03 PM, Skajme said:

Look's about as low as I have mine, does look good! You thought about some spacers for the rear wheels? I have 20mm's on mine and it stops the wheels hiding in the arches nicely :) I really want a Anthracite GTI though now seeing this one!

Yours looks very clean and well kept... But then again, you all know anthracite is the best colour :P

Spacers are on the list, just not a priority yet! I really should find myself some rear door cards with speaker grilles first!

On 9/10/2016 at 11:17 AM, jon_273 said:

As you know, it looks great!

Thanks! We'll have to do a photoshoot soon... Better try and find a covered location tho :lol:

On 9/10/2016 at 0:15 PM, Silver! said:

I had 20mm on mine, but it rubbed at times, so traded down for 17mm no rubbing and what's 3mm between friends.

Interesting... was it rubbing when you had people in the back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah the looks of proper lowering suspension, hats-off for the KWs.

You need red door cards, yes?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/10/2016 at 5:58 PM, Blue Loop said:

 

Interesting... was it rubbing when you had people in the back?

Yes, or on long shallow dips on fast roads where the car got pulled down on its haunches (if you get what I mean)

 

i think i may may be a bit lower than you though. I can fit two fingers between my tyre and arch with the 17mm, but it was a tighter squeeze with the 20mm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know every one keeps saying it but great work on the colour!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2016 at 10:55 AM, Danyutz said:

Ah the looks of proper lowering suspension, hats-off for the KWs.

You need red door cards, yes?

Thanks Dan!

Yes! The plan is to install the rear speakers, but the first thing I need are the door cards with the speaker grilles. Without those I won't try to buy the rest of the stuff as those are the "easy" bits to get...

On 16/10/2016 at 3:09 PM, Silver! said:

Yes, or on long shallow dips on fast roads where the car got pulled down on its haunches (if you get what I mean)

 

i think i may may be a bit lower than you though. I can fit two fingers between my tyre and arch with the 17mm, but it was a tighter squeeze with the 20mm.

Yeah, I'd say your car's lower. Mind you, mine is in no way super low, I still haven't scraped anywhere!

On 17/10/2016 at 8:46 PM, My_Names_Buck said:

I know every one keeps saying it but great work on the colour!

Thanks! I'm pretty happy to have waited for a grey one to be honest :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you not already have the speaker mesh in the rear cards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danyutz said:

^ he's right, some have the mesh at least.

 

4 minutes ago, jon_273 said:

Poverty German spec isn't it...

I tought all GTIs came with rear speakers and therefore the mesh rear panels.

 

:mellow:

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Silver! said:

Do you not already have the speaker mesh in the rear cards?

9 hours ago, Danyutz said:

^ he's right, some have the mesh at least.

Nope. I've got normal red panels at the back, no mesh!

7 hours ago, jon_273 said:

Poverty German spec isn't it...

At least it has a glovebox :P

7 hours ago, Silver! said:

 

I tought all GTIs came with rear speakers and therefore the mesh rear panels.

 

:mellow:

.

They did in the UK, not over here tho :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Blue Loop said:

At least it has a glovebox :P

So does mine, it's behind the back seats...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame yo want red as I have a spare grey set I rescued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/10/2016 at 7:57 PM, jon_273 said:

So does mine, it's behind the back seats...

Oh, that second glovebox :D

On 23/10/2016 at 9:11 AM, Silver! said:

Shame yo want red as I have a spare grey set I rescued.

Yeah I know. But I'm not changing the whole interior just for the rear door cards...

It's funny, the first time I saw the car in pictures I didn't like the red inside. Now I wouldn't change it for anything!

Also, I'm not finding the KW's as harsh as I thought they would be :)

Edited by Blue Loop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, marcusjwe said:

great looking pictures! by how much did you lower it? looks good

It's been lowered -30mm front and rear. Thanks :)

Edited by Blue Loop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As winter is slowly approaching, I had my winter tires swapped over some Starlites which I bought this summer. They came on some Dunlops dating from the beginning of 2001, which makes me think the wheels were only ever mounted on that one set of tyres.

They were quite cheap and have a few (many) scuffs. But they're better than plain black steelies, and they look great from a distance!

Excuse the dirty car, it's cold and I couldn't be bothered to go wash it...

31296311151_ad5a9b85b1_h.jpg

31296216971_885c11973b_o.jpg

31296332441_70518acc4f_o.jpg

Edited by Blue Loop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do love Starlite wheels, one of the best oem options, the bbs will look lovely though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gorgeous wheels ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mscherryviolet said:

Gorgeous wheels ??

The starlites or the bbs? the starlites are pig to get a correct tyre size for!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, mattarosa said:

The starlites or the bbs? the starlites are pig to get a correct tyre size for!

The starlites. Haha are they? I wanna get some I think they look dead nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a set and yep, 7"x14" so the narrowest tyre you can get away with is a 195, to cut a long story short to maintain your speedo accuracy you end up with 195/55r14 which are only made by toyo. There is a set for sale on here actually. Not mine though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or what a pain eh? Haha. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell me about it! took me ages to find them and I fear ive ruined them by removing the original german packing tape to remove them from their boxes... oh well :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.