Anthracite GTi

Blue Loop

So I guess it's time I become a member of the "More than one Lupo owners' club" :innocent:

I had been looking at GTi's for a while. After seeing a few dogs and meeting some dodgy owners, this little fella came up. I had to travel 700kms to get it, but it was worth it.

At first, some people could be scared of buying this car, after all it has 100k and I'm the 5th owner. On the other hand, it ticks lots of boxes for me:

- Anthracite Grey

- Red interior

- Climate control

- Heated seats

- Completely standard (even with the Beta Radio and in-dash CD changer)

- Full service history

It includes lots of new parts changed recently, such as a refurbished gearbox from VW, new xenons, new OEM suspension, new OEM exhaust system... All in all, a very well kept car. It even included Cambridge rear lights and a Polo rear wiper, a couple of things I won't have to buy!

I will let the pictures do the talking...

This was they day I went to see and test drive the car, a deal was struck and I would be coming back in two weeks' time to get it

Lupo_zpszgkqqvhr.jpg

The day I went to get it, with the German provisional number plates (nice sunny day in Northern Germany!)

2015-05-15%2010.57.13_zpsnfmwpqws.jpg

Nearly home, after the trip back through the Autobahn :yes:

2015-05-152018.54.21-1_zpselermndb.jpg

And finally... Home!

2015-05-162021.01.33_zpsay3khflk.jpg

2015-05-162021.01.45_zpsho0ezrpo.jpg

2015-05-152021.38.51_zpsl1o0kvmy.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 1

Looks lovely, and well looked after too!

If you buy a car in another european country, do you have to re-register it where you live?

P.S. I used to have one just like it :)

P1030450.jpg

You lucky prick. Fantastic ride, hope you enjoy the ownership!

Thanks mate! And thanks for the help during the process :)

Congrat's on a nice purchase. Enjoy!

nice!!

One of the best colours for GTI and enjoy it as long as you can...

Thanks guys! I am enjoying it A LOT.

Feel like a kid on Xmas day :lol:

Looks lovely, and well looked after too!

If you buy a car in another european country, do you have to re-register it where you live?

P.S. I used to have one just like it :)

I do. The car was bought in Germany, so to drive down I need to get these provisional number plates and a provisional insurance. Once I get to where I live (nowadays, its Switzerland) I have to "import" the car, pay taxes, do the paperwork, do an MOT test, and only then, I will get Swiss number plates and a Swiss insurance to cover me.

It's quite a long and boring process to be honest. But I think this car's worth it :)

The one you had looked really nice! What's it lowered on?

I do. The car was bought in Germany, so to drive down I need to get these provisional number plates and a provisional insurance. Once I get to where I live (nowadays, its Switzerland) I have to "import" the car, pay taxes, do the paperwork, do an MOT test, and only then, I will get Swiss number plates and a Swiss insurance to cover me.

It's quite a long and boring process to be honest. But I think this car's worth it :)

The one you had looked really nice! What's it lowered on?

Sounds like a lot if paperwork. Is the import tax a lot? I ask as I may be doing something similar fairly soon.

It was on KW V1 coilovers.

Sounds like a lot if paperwork. Is the import tax a lot? I ask as I may be doing something similar fairly soon.

It was on KW V1 coilovers.

It's quite a lot of paperwork, but then again it's just forms asking all the data and stats from the car papers. So yeah, it's tedious to do but it isn't difficult.

The import tax for me was roughly the 15% of the price of the car. But I guess it will change between countries... Where are you going?

I'd like a set of V1's, but a few other things will have to come first ;)

It's quite a lot of paperwork, but then again it's just forms asking all the data and stats from the car papers. So yeah, it's tedious to do but it isn't difficult.

The import tax for me was roughly the 15% of the price of the car. But I guess it will change between countries... Where are you going?

I'd like a set of V1's, but a few other things will have to come first ;)

Well I might be moving to Switzerland with work and I'm wondering if I could take my current GTI over with me. I'll probably end up buying a LHD car anyway though. The GTI is not my everyday car.

Just drop it on cheap coils, be stance, yo.

Just drop it on cheap coils, be stance, yo.

lol

I will start by taking off the tints and the red line around the grill, OEM yo!

Well I might be moving to Switzerland with work and I'm wondering if I could take my current GTI over with me. I'll probably end up buying a LHD car anyway though. The GTI is not my everyday car.

Then you won't have to pay the import tax!

When you move here you have the right to bring over a car, as long as you have owned it for more than 6 months before coming. Send me a PM if you want and I'll be glad to help :)

Where would your new job be?

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing too fancy has happened lately. Waiting for the appointment to get the car inspected over here, so it's just sitting in the garage really...

However, managed to get rid of the red piping in the front grille and lost the number plate holders at the same time :)

015_06_07_Lupo_zpsogv2jmkn.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, all the paperwork and the inspection only finished yesterday, so I can happily use it now.

I used this warm Saturday afternoon to go for a drive and give it a wash afterwards. I'm loving this car :D

015_07_11_Lupo%202_zpsvkdhy6hs.jpg

015_07_11_Lupo%203_zpsfhwwclxv.jpg

015_07_11_Lupo%204_zpsrjzygxph.jpg

015_07_11_Lupo%205_zpsdfto6loj.jpg

015_07_11_Lupo%201_zpsmlwpxazy.jpg

015_07_11_Lupo%206_zpsw8jwrjrz.jpg

015_07_11_Lupo%207_zpsbehsvvsl.jpg

015_07_11_Lupo%208_zpszlwvnutm.jpg

015_07_11_Lupo%20int1_zpss63duipx.jpg

015_07_11_Lupo%20int2_zpsyaw9itk9.jpg

Hope you like it!

• 1 month later...

Nothing new to see here, I've mainly been enjoying the car all summer. The only thing I've done to it is to take it to VW to get the xenons aligned, as one was way out

Oh! And today I went over to Italy for a little road trip through the Alps :)

015_08_30_06_zpsgsw8ofpj.jpg

015_08_30_02_zps3wf1lvdo.jpg

015_08_30_03_zpss2wrvq1r.jpg

015_08_30_04_zpsgs2bmova.jpg

015_08_30_05_zpsvvvwrirl.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

• 2 weeks later...

Things start to move here, got myself a set of wheels:

015_09_02_RS814_zpswts10oly.jpg

I guess you all know what they are. For those who don't, these are BBS RS 814, OEM optional wheels only sold (apparently) in the German and Japanese market.

They are in need of some paint and polishing, so they'll be on in spring, after the winter months.

And another picture of the car, when it was sunny and hot here during the summer :)
015_08_12_Lupo_zpsmr8skufs.jpg

Edited by Blue Loop