Project Rally lupo!

cj1

Sundays rally at Anglesey was OK. 39th O/A and 5th in class in what was a very competitive entry. Lots of learning to be had and a few incidents that will only aid development. 

Got roughly two months till I plan on doing another event, so time to get some parts off and sandblasted/coated etc, bit of a refresh. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Completed the JRT Enville Stages yesterday at Anglesey race circuit, finished 38th o/a and 5th in class, which is exactly in the middle of the class. Happy enough with the result. Car performed perfectly again! :)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

looking at thise results and who else is in the lineup, i'm impressed. i can't believe you're racing alongside cars with double your power. there must be a lot of lapping going on, so much so i'm amazed there aren't more accidents. And with that big a field- the starting grid must look like a car park! is your engine sealed or can you play within your class? you're the only vdub too....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2018 at 10:51 PM, mk2 said:

cracking pics.

what happened to your rhs wing? a little strap holding the front in place too!

very envious...

Not sure. Think that one was a disagreement with a water barrel! it happens!

Yeah the straps work much better than those weird push in things that VW do, that never seem to work... 

@cj1 what class are you? i noticed that just about all your "image" is pretty much vdub standard... vwcup is very image conscious to the absurd where even the vw logo has to be completely stock!

13 hours ago, mk2 said:

@cj1 what class are you? i noticed that just about all your "image" is pretty much vdub standard... vwcup is very image conscious to the absurd where even the vw logo has to be completely stock!

The class generally depends on the event we enter. It's either up to 1400cc or 1001cc-1400cc generally!

Do you mean like there's not many modifications to the appearance of the car? 

22 hours ago, Sausage said:

Can you point me to these little straps, the duct tape holding mine on is starting to peel....:D

I'll message you with a link to them later!