Loss of drive

I have a 2003 Arosa 1.4tdi AMF.

So I was driving along took a corner heard some knocking I thought great my cv joint is on the way and and then bang car stopped moving forward once I had straightened out. Heard something flicking so I thought probably snapped driveshaft. Pushed it to safety got under the car driveshafts look fine. Hmm. Then I remembered there is 2 different cv joints in the lupo/arosa. It's an inner and an outer. Engine works fine, clutch and gears go in fine but when you release the clutch you hear that flapping sound and the car doesn't move.

So if you had to put money on it what would you say it was? I'm guessing inner cv joint. Since I've moved I can't work on the car myself so I'm wanting to order parts before it goes into the garage and then I have to wait for parts to be delivered etc etc.

All help appreciated.

Id say diff personally, sounds just like when my cupra r went spectacularly. If it's inner cv joint or owt like that you should be able to see the cup that fits to the gearbox spinning.

It can. Trust me. Mine never showed any weakness, no crunching, no slipping, no noises, came off a roundabout, bang, no drive, made that much of a racket I thought my cam belt had snapped, no oil loss, diff just decided it'd rather live in the bell housing.

• Like 1

It's the inner CV.

Start the car, put it in gear and when it rattles walk to the front and one of the gearbox cups will be spinning.

good luck with the quest.

• Like 1