Rubbing issue, stock height, wheels, tires.

280zx2by2

Hello! Just ordered coilovers for my 2000 Lupo 1.0 that I bought used but figured I would see if I can fix an issue now before it becomes a bigger issue when I'm lowered.

Having the issue of with stock set up of the tire rubbing the passenger side inner arch in reverse while turning. Liner seems like it's not pulled out to exaggerate the effect, so I wondering how easy it is for a control arm to be bent on a lupo? (As I do have a slight alignment issue) if these cars have factory castor adjustment then I shouldn't have an issue, any one familiar with aligning their own car and know if that can be done?

Any insight to the situation would be greatly appreciated! Ciao.

Took a closer look today and the front left wheel is definitely pushed back and toe'd out from all the caster. (Causing my alignment and rubbing issue) going to put the car on a lift tomorrow but does anyone know what might be a likely point of failure here? Bent control arm or bushing failure?

Edited by 280zx2by2

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...