detachable tow bar

Declan96

I need to fit a towbar to my lupo to tow a small jet ski and motorbike trailer, been looking at the detachable ones as I don't really want a towball sticking out the back bumper. has anyone used detachable towbars before and know how good they are looking at this one on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251698172247?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT? was told in GSF that they can develop play between the part that holds the swan neck of the towball on? if a detachable one isn't the way to go anyone fitted a fixed one and know how much Ill have to cut the bumper?

Thanks

Declan

personally, I've never fitted one of these, but it looks okay for the money. I've got a detachable towbar on my golf and it's great. obviously you will need to be aware of your legal towing weight, but if it's only a bike you should have no problems. never had any problems either with play, although mine is a different design to yours. go for it!

geoff